1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
salty, are hollow points the only or just the best noggin splitters? this could be more fun than shootin.. wait this is shootin ducks in a..

question; how do you know if its a zombie that your taken 10% off the top?
answer; if you have to shoot them twice!

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
salty, are hollow points the only or just the best noggin splitters? this could be more fun than shootin.. wait this is shootin ducks in a..
Well... not the only, but the best, IMO, yes. No need for FMJ loads, as zombies have been theatrically shown to be too stupid to take cover. :D

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
There's a book by Max Brooks you should read. It details how to survive a zombie apocalypse. He advises--and I totally agree on this--to save your ammo for emergencies and deal with the zombies with a fireaxe.

Of course, this depends on the variety of zombie. Romero zombies, no problem. Whack 'em in the head, you're good to go. Some of the faster and more clever variety...probably wouldn't hurt vaporize their heads with a 12 gauge. Just to be on the safe side.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
read it. there are some reasonable tatics for eliminating them one at a time.. but all that is just so time consuming and energy wasting.. I prefer the "mow em down" method. get your gattlin gun up at head height and start poppin melons. If yor anygood at lining them up you can get more than just one shot-one kill.. wait theyr already dead.. one shot-a dozen melons pops.

and what about the need to shoot em twice? thats only if they weren't really dead the first go round.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Well, my initial plan is to clear my neighborhood from my roof. I have a scoped bolt-action .22 magnum that's a handy little nail-driver out to 200 yards. After that I'll probably retreat to my basement and use my ol' Model 870 when necessary. But for scavving trips, I'll definitely try to keep it quiet with one of the numerous katanas laying around my house that my old man gave me XD

·
Registered
73 Posts
if zombies ever come to light.. I'll be ready. I have over 15,000 rounds ready to go. over 8k are in .223 for the AR's

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Hallmark Greeting .223

.223 for when you want to reach out and touch someone?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
And for up close & personal ...... this anit your fathers 12ga

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was thinking of this for my zombie plan:

I seem to be having troubles finding one in California though.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ooooooo! Me wants one!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
As long as some one feeds it for me , $150.00 a round ?

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
was thinking something like this;

actually want tow one behind the skoot w/a radar approach rate auto trigger. any yahoo coming up too fast an close gets front row view of the working end of my new toy!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts