Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
every 15000 miles for everything under there, bearings, pivots, etc. according to the manual.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
How much? Depends.

For open joints generally pump until you see fresh grease. For booted joints, generally pump only until you feel/see the boot swell just a bit. For semi-sealed bearings, probably just a pump, maybe two. Don't want to blow out any seals on them.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm thinking from now on it will be one pump once a year for me. Had mine all apart when installed shock. Before that the one(that breaks off) wouldn't take any more because of over greasing it. I heard the new ones don't come with zerk fittings anymore.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Yeah, you definitely don't want to overgrease. If the boot or bushing is full, don't try to force any more in there.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the replies I havnt broke mine off yet thank god and mines lowered But what a good idea for 2010 to get rid of them Why would they put zerk fittings at the lowest point of the bike LOLLOL thanks guys

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yeah, you definitely don't want to overgrease. If the boot or bushing is full, don't try to force any more in there.
Copied and paste info from service book "below".

For the rocker arm it has grease nipples [A] on the rocker
arm for lubrication. Force grease into the nipple until it
comes out both sides of the rocker arm, and wipe off any
excess.

I think the above is excessive but a couple squirts of grease twice a year probably will be more than enough. Haven't heard of any problems with this component on the forum yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've broke two of the three grease fittings off on mine,replaced them with bolts. Now when I grease I take the good grease fitting and put it into the other two spots to pump some grease in,then quickly replace it with the bolt. The one broke off some of the cast where I can't just replace the grease fitting,a "long" bolt was the only solution.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts