Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Zen & The Art of Motorcycle Mtce

Hi Veronica,

It does take a bit to get into. I found it was quite enlightning once I did. I found that the ability to take such a voyage inspires me to do so as well. But on an everyday basis, the philisophical questions and moral check points certainly resound deep within.

There comes a time when one looks for such a book of values. It suffices to know it's there. You'll know when the time is right.

Denis

·
Registered
26 Posts
that is almost the story of my life right now... just less insanity.

Great book, great way of seeing people, some people love the repair. I did a very similar ride with my dad back when I was young.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zen & The Art of Motorcycle Mtce

Ya me too. I put the 60's era of this book and all it's values and realize that in a small part the 21st century screen version seems to take on a "Wild Hogs" approach to the adventure. That's where I'm at. Want to meet good people, ride, explore, and bring meaning to the way we were and what's going on.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey guys,
I love this book. I'm glad you all find it powerful too. I agree that it is a bit long and hard to first get into. But I feel its really stuck with me more than most books.

Plus its kinda creepy.

I also really enjoy Motorcycle Diaries. Very different in some ways, but at the same time touches similar themes and is powerful.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Denis,

Which one? The original by Robert Pirsig or the second one from Mark Richardson?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Zen & the Art of Motorcycle Mtce

Hi crooksie,

The one by Robert Pirsig. I also read the Mark Richardson "Zen & Now" version.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts