Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some good bars for my 900 and I love the look of these bars. I've seen them work on a Meanstreak. As far as I know, I only need to have the 1" clamping area.

Do the dimples and throttle-by-wire capability make this harder?

If these won't work, does anyone know of another option that has that same Z-bar look (maybe even for cheaper)?

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/503-415

·
Registered
32 Posts
When I was looking for bars for my '09 VN900, I started taking a look at Z bars and a whole lot of other kinds of bars. I think the deal is with bars is that it's a matter of whats right for you. Just make sure that you consider your body (arm length, torso height, shoulder width, etc. All of these factors will affect the overall comfort of the ride. Past that, when you get the bars, you will need to just ride and ride and ride to get used to the bars. Practice makes perfect.

Edit: Almost forgot to mention, abnormal bars like Z bars, can affect turning radius and what not, just watch out to make sure that the bars won't hit the tank when the forks are turned.

Cable length is another factor to consider. If you get bars that have a greater rise, a longer length, etc that you may have to eat the cost of longer cables. Or shorter ones, depending on what the difference in the numbers is.

Here's a good link to compare the bars you're looking at to the stock handlebars that are on your bike. Again, in the end, it's all a balance of personal preference against physical attributes of the bike and your body.

Link here: http://www.sideroadcycles.com/AmericanMotorcycles/Handlebars/Stock_Bars.html

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great stuff, Whitty! Thanks for all the suggestions and ideas!

Just to check - 1" clamping area is all that's really important? Or do the dimples/throttle-by-wire stuff interfere with the mounting of the handlebar controls? Should I worry about that?

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's safe to say that if the stock bars are 1", you're going to want to buy 1" bars unless you want to buy new risers that match the diameter of the bar. So you don't want to get a width of 1.5" when the stock risers are equipped for 1", you won't be able to tighten the bars down if you do. On the flip side you won't be able to thread bolts in order to tighten the bars down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts