Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know y'all north of the Mason Dixon have either put or are preparing to put your bikes in moth balls for the winter but here in the deep south it is supposed to be prime riding time. A good leather coat some gloves and your good to go usually from daylight to dark this time of year. The last 10 days have been nasty. Rain cold and wind, if I didn't know better I would swear Oregon had moved to the deep south for the winter. I am ready for some sunshine. I don't care if it's 25f I'm going riding when the clouds break.

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
I'm on the TN/KY border, same here. Enjoyed the past several days with freezing rain, what fun! Snow is much, MUCH better, at least you can move it, and it doesn't rip down all the trees and power lines!

·
Registered
245 Posts
West Texas freeze

Right now in West Texas, driveway rides when the ice melts. I had to get my husband off my 500 when I heard him revving the engine in the driveway, aimed right at the washer. At least we know it will let up soon, rather than setting in for the next 6 months.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
The last few days we have been right above freezing so we have been have a lot of rain. Creeks and rivers are high, been in the roads in a few places. This weather is not suited for any thing but frogs and ducks. I am right on the KY/VA border.

I with Jerry, you can move snow and easier to drive on than a sheet of ice.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm on the TN/KY border, same here. Enjoyed the past several days with freezing rain, what fun! Snow is much, MUCH better, at least you can move it, and it doesn't rip down all the trees and power lines!
I agree, freezing rain is the worst.

TS - It looks like things here will improve starting Sunday. Now if we can just get around Christmas traffic....
Hopefully it will clear out like they say midweek. I am thinking of going down to the coast Wednesday to look at Voyager that has a price tag I can stand on it.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Hard to predict what our Decembers will be like here.

It has been a rollercoaster of warm then cold/rain. We are happy not getting the slick stuff and appreciate that it always eventually gets warm and dry enough to get out and do some things.

It is however very hard to shop for warm clothing when it is in the 70's and 80's so looks like the stores are doing some great sales. Around Christmas, I could be opening a package with a nice warm coat but it would be 80 outside. Don't like having something new I can't use. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts