Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 3, Internet Explorer 8, and just downloaded the latest version of Adobe Flash Player version 11 and it said download completed, but when I check my Shockwave Flash Object version it still says version 9.0.28

The problem is that I cannot run any Youtube videos anymore, Youtube does not work anymore, anyone else had this problem? I cannot download Internet Explorer 9 because 9 will not work on XP. I wonder if it's time for me to upgrade to Windows 7?

·
Registered
155 Posts
It is a known-bug:
http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/302565/scitech/socialmedia/youtube-bug-drops-support-for-ie8-and-ie10-browsers

While you probably should update to software that has been engineered and released more recently than 2001, you don't have to and in fact are still in the majority of end-users. It is unclear if Youtube will fix this bug for IE8 or not.

Your other alternative, and a darn good one, is to download and use Mozilla Firefox instead of IE8:
http://www.ez-download.com/mozilla-firefox/?kw=mozilla+firefox&subid=EZFFUS&cust=mozilla+firefox&type=firefox&gclid=CLHvtP-C5rYCFaZFMgodRXYAuA&utm_campaign=EZFFUS&fwd=1

Firefox has some superior features to IE, is faster, and much more customizable. Plus, is less susceptible to browser-based hacks/viruses than IE8.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Click on tools in the menu bar and then make sure there is NO check next to Active X Filtering.. That has been a problem on other versions of IE not sure if it is the same on IE8

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
You can fix IE, like you can polish a turd... but it's still gonna stink.

Mozilla Firefox or (Especially, speed-wise) Google Chrome will be much cleaner, and faster. Internet Explorer still uses older, legacy technologies while FireFox and Chrome have been engineered from the ground up with the latest web standards. Websites will be quicker, and things like YouTube may work without plugins!

Chrome is especially fast because it's lightweight, though it doesn't have as many features. Chrome is like a stripped down bobber, light and fast. It's what I prefer, as I don't really need all of the plugins and toolbars and features available for firefox. I use it on old slow machines and new top of the line machines!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts