Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for when your child leaves to set out on their own life. No matter how much you talk about it, no matter how much you mentally prepare yourself, your just not ready for that moment. We're a very close family, my wife and sons are my best friends. 30 minutes ago my youngest son(17)left for Navy boot camp in Chicago. I could not be prouder of him for choosing to serve his country. 8 weeks of boot camp(yes, we're going to graduation:D)3 days off, then he's off to Texas for 13 weeks for advanced training. Cherish the time you have with your kids, the day they set out on their own life comes way too fast.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
My oldest, 15 y/o daughter, still has 3 years of high school left, but I'm already dreading that moment... I still have 9 years (at least) with my son. :)

Wish your son the best from my family, and let him know that plenty more of us are proud of him and his decision to serve the red, white and blue!!!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I remember that feeling... my oldest and son did 7 years in the Navy, and is now back home. Seems like just yesterday he was 4 years old learning to ride a bike without training wheels.

Great Lakes is where he went to boot, and where I went to A-school too many moons ago... I know when we went for my son's graduation things sure had changed.

Anywayz... congrats.!!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Our youngest is now 32 years old, so we have been empty nesters for some time...........and just now recovering from college tuition blues! But you know now the wife and I are really starting to live the life. Although we both still work full time jobs, we now go and play again. The motorcycle is just a part of it. A BIG part of!

The wife is now into it this time (it's my second coming for bikes), and we have a ball being the kids again. Hell, we both started getting tattoos!! What's a good church person to think?!

For those of you that are new to the kids leaving, believe me when I say "you'll get over it". You raised them the best you could. You taught them good values. You've done your job and you've done it well.

NOW GO PLAY!!:D

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NOW GO PLAY!!:D
LMAO! That's our intention:D and like you, the bike will be a big part of it, my wife loves to ride. We both work fulltime as well, but the nice thing is that we work for the same company and most of the time we work 4, 10hr days and almost every weekend is 3 day weekend:D

It's really wierd around the house though, I don't think our house has ever been this quiet. Our oldest is still at home while he's in college, he'll be done next May and out on his own then so it'll really be wierd. My wife will probably want me locked up:p me and the boys are always pulling practical jokes on each other, with them gone she'll become my target, lol!

·
Registered
538 Posts
"My little girl is 3 years old...I am hoping we can figure out a way to freeze time because she is perfect now. I don't want to go through the teenage girl phase."

We have two girls and one boy (ages now are 44-37-32). The girls were the hardest. (sorry ladies :p)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Sometimes my boy and I hit the estrogen ocean when both my wife and daughter are at their "peak" (sorry, sucha guy thing to express in a semi professional manner), I take "spuddy" (the boy) and we just leave, go to town, do errands, run away.

Sounds bad, though their Autism will hold them back from normal lives, I am still looking fwd to them moving out so I can have more excuses to ride. Told my daughter where ever she lives, I will show up....she really looked at me funny, though I know then (hopefully) she will enjoy it.

(Only approx 9 years left until we get there)

·
Registered
46 Posts
The wife and I just sent our youngest off to University in Vancouver. Not an easy thing to do. As a father I had to learn to let go and that was tough. Where did all those years go. Wasn't it just the other day that she used to make me cards for fathers day? Yeah, I went through it all but .... I'm over it now and I'm happy for her getting to go out and experience life without holding my hand.

·
Registered
657 Posts
All 4 of ours have left the nest... I keep changing the locks... and they keep getting back in..:eek:... Fortunately we seen all of them quite often...:D

·
Registered
60 Posts
"My little girl is 3 years old...I am hoping we can figure out a way to freeze time because she is perfect now. I don't want to go through the teenage girl phase."

We have two girls and one boy (ages now are 44-37-32). The girls were the hardest. (sorry ladies :p)
LOL my dad raised 4 of us I do not envy anyone with girls, we are looking to have a child soon....and I would like a boy :D

·
Registered
578 Posts
My two girls {19 & 21} are both still here but keep talking about getting a place together. We just added onto the house 2 years ago, so I keep coming up with reasons for them to stay a little longer. I must have been blessed, because my girls were not a problem, the boyfriends, now thats a different story.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts