Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
The Vulcan 900 has a speed limiter? Hm, I had no idea. When and why did this get introduced?

I've only had it up to 85, but clearly there was more throttle left to go. Just too ticket adverse, I guess.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Ah. Okay, yeah, that makes a bit more sense.

·
Registered
719 Posts
The larger diameter Avon Venon 200 gets you past the 107 mark (gps) before hitting the rev limiter. I did some runs on private property; my crazy days are long gone.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I've done 115mph more than once. I believe they top at 115 dough.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've only had it for 2 months now (just went over 2k miles) and it is still box stock.

I took it to 85 (on the kawi speedometer) for a brief few seconds. Still had plenty of throttle left.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ballsy bunch of guys on here. 85-90 max, per speedo, no corrections. I have seen the out come of a few high speed dismounts, not pretty. I quess I stay on 2 lanes too much to open it up more than that, and when I am on the big roads, trucks everywhere.

The guys doing 100+, are you the same ones that say loud pipes save lives?:confused:

·
Registered
33 Posts
108-111 somewere around there didn't study the speedo to long, then not for sure but dosen't the little sticker on the belt guard say the tires are only rated to 80-85?

S

·
0 Posts
I have had my 2009 Custom up to a little over 100 mph. I usually cruise between 70-80 mph on the freeways here in Oklahoma City. I usually ride at higher speeds than posted to keep a distance from all the dildo drivers! I am suprised I have not got a ticket yet. Cops here need money! I wish MORE people in cars & trucks would pay attention to bikes on the road! Drives me nuts & bolts!

·
Registered
73 Posts
speed

here in tx we have long strait roads and ive only got my custom up to 95 and thats pined it wont go any faster. and that on the factory speedo.

·
Registered
21 Posts
speed

canadian vulcan owner here ,

on saturday i had my 08 900 up to 161km an hour not sure what it transfers to mph but the front end had a really big vibration going on so i backed off

ride safe kman out

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Vulcan 900 has a speed limiter? Hm, I had no idea. When and why did this get introduced?

I've only had it up to 85, but clearly there was more throttle left to go. Just too ticket adverse, I guess.
I dont think it does had mine to 110 today but I dont like to chance it to much Ill be testing it for sure though this weekend and ill let you know if it has a limiter :) Mine is a 2009 with 3400 miles on it

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ripped out the baffles in my pipes and this makes a difference in top speed, I've hit 115 mph with my wife on the back going to Daytona, a windshield helps to, but I thought it was going to fly off at that speed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts