Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are many of us that have other motorcycle(s) other than our beloved Kawasaki Vulcan Voyagers, and I was wondering what else does everyone have in their garages? Is there anything you learned while owning the "Other Girl Friend" that helped you out with your Kaw?

Post some pictures of your other steads and what you have learned....

My other Girl Friend is a 1955 Pan Head :flag:(Pictures Below)
and what I have learned is you can never just pull her out of the garage and hop on her and expect everything to work all of the time, I have also learned that preventive maintenance is worth a ton since we put our lives on two wheels, most of the time when something breaks it is miles from home and your special tools to fix it...

And I saved the best one for last, if you respect the motorcycle, do your own maintenance, you will find a pleasure in owning them. That everything will last forever if you take care of it, even your extra "Girl Friend" :devil2:

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
Just have the one. No room in the garage or my wallet for another

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Just one bike for me. No room, or money for more. Now if I win the lottery, it'll be a different story.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,855 Posts
I only have one bike, so I guess I'm loyal.............Until I get my new boat. Then the CHEATIN starts.:devil2:

·
Registered
214 Posts
'97 Classic 1500, '98 Honda Shadow Ace Tourer, '01 Nomad 1500 FI, '77 Hondamatic 750. Every bike has it's own personality, do as much of the wrenching as you (safely) can. Be attentive to fluids and tire pressures. LISTEN to your sweetheart(s) !!!!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
First, what I've learned: I don't need the biggest bike on the block. I don't need the fastest bike on the street. I don't need the most powerful bike on the highway. What I need is a bike that makes me feel good on the road. A bike I can ride all day and still be smiling when I get off of it. I need a bike I fall in love with every time I pull the cover off and the sun hits the paint and chrome.

For the past 10 yrs that has been my 2007 VN900 Custom. She treated me right for 44k miles. A burned stator is the only repair she's needed in all that time. I took the plate off in August when I brought home my new Vaquero, but I still feel my heart race just a bit when I see that tall front tire and the candy plasma blue paint. She still sits in the driveway, but soon she'll be making someone else happy.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts