Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, October 2015
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you wear? None? Fingerless? Full glove? Leather or textile? Armored?

I always wear gloves. Warm ones in the winter, full vented leather spring and fall but on the hot days I'm using palm padded fingerless gloves. Are they useless as protection?

·
BOTM Winner, October 2015
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Says this is a duplicate thread. I guess I will get busted by the forum fuzz.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
What do you wear? None? Fingerless? Full glove? Leather or textile? Armored? I always wear gloves. Warm ones in the winter, full vented leather spring and fall but on the hot days I'm using palm padded fingerless gloves. Are they useless as protection?
cc,, well they'r good for nose pickin.. butt not much more.
mc safety instructer warned never wear them.. he spoke of personal experience, while his hands/fingertips healed he was at mercy of anybody to do his simple stuff like take a leak or otter necessary funkshuns.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have vented textile gloves for warm weather riding. I have thick, leather padded gloves (with a small sliver of rubber on one finger that can be used as a windshield wiper) for cold weather driving.

But living in Texas, it's pretty much 9 months with the vented gloves and 3 months with the leather ones.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
I use full glove, leather and vented, with some padding in palm for regular weather (here in VA, that's anything above 50F), and full thicker leather with fleece on inside and longer wrist area for cold weather riding

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I have three pairs. Olympia Mustang gloves for cold/wet weather.

River Road Laredo gloves. These are just basic leather gloves, that to be honest, I really don't wear much anymore.

And my go to pair, Tourmaster Intake mesh gloves. I use these most of the time. On road, off road, hot/warm/cool, these are what I grab.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
I have two pair --- one for winter riding (Alpinestars Valparaiso Drystar Gloves) and one for everything else (Alpinestars Atacama Air Gloves). The Atacama Air gloves are my favorite --- very breathable and light weight, but still with enough protection to keep your skin from taking a hit during a fall. The Valparaiso Drystars are ok but a little more bulky. Thankfully don't have to use them much where I'm at.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-valparaiso-drystar-gloves

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-atacama-air-gloves

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
yeah, good thread.. I need to get me some good summer gloves

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I wear leather gloves when it's cold. Sometimes I'll wear them if it's cool and I'm on a long ride. When it's warm out, I usually don't wear them.

·
Premium Member
1,609 Posts
I have mesh with some leather for protection for warm/hot weather. I have a pair of moderately warm winter gloves and heated gloves (and jacket, pants, insoles) for really cold days.

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
I have around 7 to 8 pair .... from joe rocket leather with armor, mesh, gel gloves, fall gloves, rain gloves, winter gloves and "bloody cold" gloves. This does not include my thinsilite glove liners. The one thing I never do is ride with out them.

As far as the fingerless ones, I don't own em, then again I don't own a Harley or a wallet with a 3 foot chain attached to it either.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
. . . then again I don't own a Harley or a wallet with a 3 foot chain attached to it either.
Well, not everybody can pull it off. :D

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
LOL .... I knew you would bite ....:D
fishing.. some use worms.. otters prefer flies.. I find dynomite to be more fun! stun em and then skoop em off the top. they make good fertilizer. poncho

·
Registered
170 Posts
As a rider who has been down on the blacktop several times(dogs,ice,drunk in the old days)my hands show the results of riding with no gloves.Scars in my palms from going over the bars and landing on my hands from hitting a dog,jammed knuckle from hittting a patch of ice.When I started riding again in 05,I have always worn gloves,a pair of leather/mesh in the summer and leather with a liner in the cold.Just got a pair of leather ones with knuckle guards and kinda like those but am still getting use to them,probably will be my primary pair

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
1/2 finger vented leather most of the time, on the few occasions when it's 30'ish and lower full finger leather (deer skin) with rabbit fur. (Just don't tell my granddaughter's pet rabbit)

·
Registered
3,219 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Fingerless for hot weather.
A pair of "racing" gloves that have now gotten hard after being thoroughly soaked in a downpour.
A white-cuff police pair for all-round.
A black leather pair with fringes, but they're a little too big. Might have them taken to a leatherworker or somewhere.
A Spidi waterproof pair for those colder wet days.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts