Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your favorite upgrade you have done to your Vulcan and why?

This can be anything from exhaust to grips.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Remove air filter screen: notice slightly improved acceleration.

I used to ride a 650r, and I like the bike's combination of sporty acceleration (no match for a race bred ninja 600) and around town friendliness, and comfort (riding solo).

I got the vulcan for the gf to ride with me (she hated riding on the 650, always slid forward on the sloped seat), and while it's nimble for a bigger bike, and I'm happy with it in that regard, acceleration leaves a bit to be desired after being spoiled by the 650r. I know it's a 'cruiser', but why can't it be a little bit of a 'bruiser' as well?

·
Registered
13 Posts
My favorite upgrade to date is my Cobra Power Pro HP 2 into 1 exhaust. It looks good and I can hear the bike now. The stock exhaust was just too quiet.

·
Registered
88 Posts
My Cobra Speedster Longs, they sound great and I feel that the bike picks up better.:D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Kuryakyn Swing Wing pegs - Just enough "up and out" for those of us taller riders. They allso kept me from putting on the highway bar I was trying to avoid!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Integrated LED tailight. The blinker pods are gone!

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I agree with the mustang seat .... no more arse-ritis. :D

·
Registered
238 Posts
1 - Highway bars - saved my bike from being totaled
2 - $20 driving lights from Wal-mart - cheap and bright
Hey Jeeppirate do you have pictures of your lights on your bike..May be interested in something like that

Also,I have seen pictures of different bikes with the rear wheel/hub and belt guard all chromed out..Is this available as a kit or just pick up all the parts one by one?I want to keep original wheel but chrome out the center and then do the belt guard...Any help would be greatly appreciated..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey Jeeppirate do you have pictures of your lights on your bike..May be interested in something like that

Also,I have seen pictures of different bikes with the rear wheel/hub and belt guard all chromed out..Is this available as a kit or just pick up all the parts one by one?I want to keep original wheel but chrome out the center and then do the belt guard...Any help would be greatly appreciated..
Not sure about the one you saw, but those parts are aluminum (with exception of the belt guard) you could just take them and have them polished. It would be much cheaper than replacing the parts and look just as good. Its also easier to clean!

1 - 20 of 89 Posts