Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally took the plunge and installed my fi2000r, though my mechanic said it wasn't needed with only aftermarket pipes and stock airbox (but with kn filter)... bike was running a bit rich.

Cobra set to 3-2-0, vs factory cobra setting of 4-2-0.

I noticed:

A bit more midrange power and a marked difference in the sound... more rumble, less chop on the highway and am absolutely loving it.

I'll probably play around with the first pot and dial it back a little more because the exhaust now smells pretty gassy at idle.... but no black smoke when I snap the throttle open. I'm thinking right now, it's running pretty rich in the low rpms, but not disastrously so.

Really really really enjoying the sound and a bit more power on the highway.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I'm gonna get one. I've got stock pipes with the screens popped out and a K&N filter. Everyone says I don't need one, but I think it could run a little better. It's lost a little mileage, too, and I think the fi2000r might help. Couldn't hurt, Right? Then, if I get new pipes or intake I'll already have it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just forked over for a Fi2000 as well. I sprung for the new auto-tune version. I figured with all the ambient temperature changes here in Boston, the auto-tune with keep my bike running smooth through the seasons. I like the set it and forget it tuning feature as I'm too lazy to be adjusting the pots and I'll be adding mods as I go.

I just hope it works as advertised. Keep you guys updated. It should be here next week. Currently running stock air and full debaffle but, I got cobra longs and a KN on the way as well.

Funny how fast I got used to the debaffle and needed more!!! Hope the Cobra Longs keep me happy for a while....

·
Registered
851 Posts
I just forked over for a Fi2000 as well. I sprung for the new auto-tune version. I figured with all the ambient temperature changes here in Boston, the auto-tune with keep my bike running smooth through the seasons. I like the set it and forget it tuning feature as I'm too lazy to be adjusting the pots and I'll be adding mods as I go.

I just hope it works as advertised. Keep you guys updated. It should be here next week. Currently running stock air and full debaffle but, I got cobra longs and a KN on the way as well.

Funny how fast I got used to the debaffle and needed more!!! Hope the Cobra Longs keep me happy for a while....
You will love the cobra longs...you may know this, but get new header seals at the dealer about $4 each. I didn't change them and went back later and did it and it made a difference. And you might think about changing the heat shield hose clamps that comes with the pipes because they are cheap and i had three of them break because of the heat. I don't have the fuel processor yet but i have the K&N filter and what a difference it made off the line.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I always recommend one even if you only have a aftermarket exhaust. Most manufactures do as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts