Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An awesome used bike shop in my area has gone from selling nothing but metrics to being dominated by used Harley's. I'm not talking about bikes a few years old, these are late 90's / early 2000's models. And what takes the cake is these bikes sell for about double compared to a comparable metric bike that is only a few years old! I just don't get it! I see more HD's for sale in CL and other bike shops than metrics and they usually list for nearly as much as a new metric, usually with aftermarket parts galore!

It just sickens me that even though there are folks who try to resist the HD stank, they eventually succumb to it.

·
Premium Member, BOTM Winner, June 2016
639 Posts
I've always had my eye on a VRod even before I ever started riding but after building mine and realizing how scary fast mine is (and just how loud this thing can be!) I'm glad I went with the Vulcan S new. Plus, with it being my first bike, I'm not going to make the mistake I made with my first car (87 Camaro) and sell it to trade up. For what it costs to get into a brand new Vulcan S and how easily it's modified to exactly fit me (and the fact that it's new and will last a good long time), I don't see me selling it ever....only getting another a long ways down the road.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've always had my eye on a VRod even before I ever started riding but after building mine and realizing how scary fast mine is (and just how loud this thing can be!) I'm glad I went with the Vulcan S new. Plus, with it being my first bike, I'm not going to make the mistake I made with my first car (87 Camaro) and sell it to trade up. For what it costs to get into a brand new Vulcan S and how easily it's modified to exactly fit me (and the fact that it's new and will last a good long time), I don't see me selling it ever....only getting another a long ways down the road.
I like the Vulcan S, too. I may get one IF Kaw puts a liter motor in it.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Its the same here. If you search Craigslist or any other place, you'll find 3 HDs to 1 metrics listed.
My take is they get them new, find out they dont like them, and sell them.
And those that buy metrics keep them.
And yes the prices are way to much for a Harley, way to much!
But remember mid 90's through the 2000's - HD sold like crazy to the "hipster" older crowd. and I think that still exists!

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,906 Posts
But remember mid 90's through the 2000's - HD sold like crazy to the "hipster" older crowd. and I think that still exists!
and on that thought, those people are 20 and 30 years older now..and are selling those garage queen bikes that they never ride anymore

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
I stopped in at a Indian dealer one saturday. And the first thing he said was "I'll buy that 900 from you right now and have it sold before I close today. He said he can't keep the 900'S on the floor. As I was ready to leave I lost count at 67 HD's up for sale in the patking b lot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts