Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To NOT want to buy a Vulcan 900. Currently I ride a Vulcan 800 drifter. Fun bike but I need fuel injection and a belt if you catch my "drift." Ok, yes I'm a nerd. One other thing that is selling me is I have this feeling it can look like a bike from the "motor company" with a few fender mods. Why would I do that you ask? Well, I like the look of the fenders on their model but hate that A: it costs way too much to own one and 2: it's not liquid cooled. Here in good ol' Texas, that's almost a requirement in August. So....being NEW to the forum....HI EVERYBODY....does anybody know and have photos of (let's just say Heritage or Softail Deluxe) fenders on their vulcan 900? I've seen one ever Vulcan 900 with wide whitewalls which is what gave me the idea for the classic/retro look. I'll even do with just the front fender mod...that's half the look right there!!!! Thanks in advance!

Chris

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Check out my pics (in my signature)...the color scheme reminds most everyone of that "retro-classic look". My buddy has a softail..and there ain't a lot of difference in the looks department.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Sorry, I can't help. Look at Silenthill's pics, and just buy the 900 Classic.

I just did 2950 miles in 7 road days on my '07 900LT at altitudes from 700 to 9200 feet, and temps from 30 degrees to 95F. On the stock seat, no less. It started and ran flawlessly throughout.

Buy it. You won't be sorry.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I've seen some places on the web that sell ready to paint fenders for all kinds of bikes. Maybe you could find one to fit the Vulcan that looks a lot like the HD fenders.

In regards to cost of an HD. Not only do they cost more up front, but the accessories cost more, replacement parts cost more, the ride gear costs more...etc. Oh yeah, if you wreck it and have to replace a fender or headlight, that costs more! I wrecked my Vulcan last year crushing the front fender and most of the chrome on the forks, turn signals and head light. I put her all back together for about $600. Try that with a HD. I bet those metal fenders are $500+ right off the top. No, she ain't a Harley... THANK GOD!

·
Registered
941 Posts
The 1500 drifter was liquid cooled, and it was FI. I love the drifter looks. I would so trade my 900 if they redid the drifter.

Old post resurrection i know

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Here's what I've done to mine:

The fender rail is from Show Chrome. The whitewalls are Metzelers (like you'd find any other brand!). I'm thinking of adding some tips to the back of the front fender and the rear fender. Here's a pic where you can see the whole rail:

I really like the retro look, too, and the Classic really lends itself to that.

·
Registered
382 Posts
fi and belt drive is nice if you just wanna ride!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts