Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Here's a basic question.

At what speeds do you start feeling vibrations and in what location (feet/hands/etc...)?

Thanks,

Denis

·
Registered
657 Posts
I haven't gone that fast yet... only had it to 96 and all was smooth...

·
Registered
719 Posts
I get a little vibe around 70, nothing big. As I push 90 is starts to buzz and after a about 2 hours it's time to slow down.

·
Registered
35 Posts
At around 72-73 (speedo reading) I feel a little bit in the floorboards. Haven't had it much above that.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Agreed a little revvy at 70-80, and the kaw lets you know your riding a bike, not sitting in a car, wich I sort of like. So I guess I notice some vibes once I get the speedo to around 75. Felt good getting the speedo past 100...

Reactions: Ribdan

·
Registered
281 Posts
vibration

For me it's about the 68-70 mark and above. I think that is why it makes you want to put on the pulley so the engine doesn't rev as high going that fast on the superslab. I can feel it and see it in the mirrors when I get to that speed. I wouldn't want to drive that speed all day on the freeway, I like to stick to the side roads where the bike seems to cruise fine at 60 all day.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what I'm finding. Between 50-60 the bike is happy. 60-70 she's o.k but mild things start to be apparent...vibes feet/rear/hands. Over 70 - she's beggin for another gear. The engin's working.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Yeah I get some pretty high vibes at about 70 in my feet and butt. Not sure if some of this is from the cheap IRC tire I am running in back. I have some extra money coming in hopefully soon. I think I will be changing both tires to Metzelers.

·
Registered
31 Posts

At what speeds do you start feeling vibrations and in what location (feet/hands/etc...)?

Thanks,

Denis
Mine starts to buzz around 115 klm (68-70 mph)...I can handle the buzz over that speed but it's a good reminder why I sold my last sports bike...I had to slow down.....and it's a good speed to cruise all day... noticed the other day that if I keep my front tire at about 26 psi cold instead of the 28 psi recommended the buzz isn't as bad....might also have something to do with the balancing but I'm ok with it. Cheers.

·
Registered
23 Posts

Thanks,

Denis
My VN2000 used to cruise smooth as butter for about 4/5 years. Now it vibrates at any n all speeds. Feet/hands/ friggin teeth. I know it's coming from the engine. But I don't know what could make an engine vibrate that much without doing serious damage. Going on my 16th year n still have no good answers. Runs great in every other respect. never leaked so much as a drop of coolant or oil. HELP ME !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
With my 900 classic after I put the V&H pipes on is when I started getting vibrations in the seat and floor boards. Alot of Aftermarket exhaust companies go for the hard mounting brackets rather than bushing mounted like OEM. First thing just about everyone of us did was throw away the OEM weedwacker pipes. I added rubber bushings to the bracket where it bolts to the frame and my vibrations are gone... well up to 100 anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts