Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Here's a basic question.

At what speeds do you start feeling vibrations and in what location (feet/hands/etc...)?

Thanks,

Denis

·
Registered
657 Posts
I haven't gone that fast yet... only had it to 96 and all was smooth...

·
Registered
35 Posts
At around 72-73 (speedo reading) I feel a little bit in the floorboards. Haven't had it much above that.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Agreed a little revvy at 70-80, and the kaw lets you know your riding a bike, not sitting in a car, wich I sort of like. So I guess I notice some vibes once I get the speedo to around 75. Felt good getting the speedo past 100...

·
Registered
273 Posts
vibration

For me it's about the 68-70 mark and above. I think that is why it makes you want to put on the pulley so the engine doesn't rev as high going that fast on the superslab. I can feel it and see it in the mirrors when I get to that speed. I wouldn't want to drive that speed all day on the freeway, I like to stick to the side roads where the bike seems to cruise fine at 60 all day.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what I'm finding. Between 50-60 the bike is happy. 60-70 she's o.k but mild things start to be apparent...vibes feet/rear/hands. Over 70 - she's beggin for another gear. The engin's working.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Yeah I get some pretty high vibes at about 70 in my feet and butt. Not sure if some of this is from the cheap IRC tire I am running in back. I have some extra money coming in hopefully soon. I think I will be changing both tires to Metzelers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts