Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD Gang. Power pro listed at 10:30 pm and sold at basically 6:23 am Less than 8 hours.

Ordered this Monday and it is here Today. Everyone has great things to say about Dobeck tuners, so, out comes the power pro and in this goes. Figured I would take advantage of the cold weather the next couple days to also flush radiator, and may as well bleed out the brakes. Garage weather. I will post up what I find as far as what I think in time between the 2 programers.
I will also have a Cobra power pro for sale at 80% off retail.
Will keep everyone posted.
Shep

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Hope you are happier with this. I am still playing with mine some, think have the cruise set where I want it, may play with the mid range a little over tge next couple weeks ends. Like to try to run 2-3 tanks through each setting to eliminate variables as far as MPG. I have more ups and downs here than you do there, and during the week I have stop n go. I'm averaging mid 36- low 37 for milage, dash hovering at 41.6-41.8

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hope you are happier with this. I am still playing with mine some, think have the cruise set where I want it, may play with the mid range a little over tge next couple weeks ends. Like to try to run 2-3 tanks through each setting to eliminate variables as far as MPG. I have more ups and downs here than you do there, and during the week I have stop n go. I'm averaging mid 36- low 37 for milage, dash hovering at 41.6-41.8

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Actually was happy with the power pro. It worked very well. I just wanted a new toy to play with. LOL You know how that goes. My bike always has hovered around 43-44 on the dash. I don't bother doing the true math, but I am happy at 38-40 anyway. We will see if My Smiles per gallon change with the Dobeck.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok Guys, Here is What I have for You if needed. It works very well with My FP true duals andK&N filter. No decal popping unless I really worked it to make it pop a little. Nerer an embarrassing backfire out of My bike, ever. I bought this 5-5-12 and put it on and off it came tonight. It has scuffs on it, but, that will happen.
I paid 553.44 when I bought it from Cruiser customizing.
As promised 80% off. I will take 110 dollars and I will ship it to you. Attached pics. All documentation and even still a sticker in the original box. .

Took a short ride after I got done tonight. Too soon to comment on the Dobeck.
Shep.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I can already tell I'll be getting rid of my 2014 Nomad soon if I can't increase the performance. But I'm a newbie at the performance tuning thing - will this model work on a 2014?

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I plan to be back up your way end of June, begging of July if you around, we should get together for a ride, or just coffee.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Ok Guys, Here is What I have for You if needed. It works very well with My FP true duals andK&N filter. No decal popping unless I really worked it to make it pop a little. Nerer an embarrassing backfire out of My bike, ever. I bought this 5-5-12 and put it on and off it came tonight. It has scuffs on it, but, that will happen.
I paid 553.44 when I bought it from Cruiser customizing.
As promised 80% off. I will take 110 dollars and I will ship it to you. Attached pics. All documentation and even still a sticker in the original box. .

Took a short ride after I got done tonight. Too soon to comment on the Dobeck.
Shep.

Is there a reason you took it off? I am seriously interested in the Power Pro for that cost. To confirm, this is the self tuning model, correct?

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there a reason you took it off? I am seriously interested in the Power Pro for that cost. To confirm, this is the self tuning model, correct?
Hayes,
I never had any problems with this. Yes it is the auto tune. It is model # 92-1965AT Made for all 1700 engines. 2009 to present year. Just wanted to try the Dobeck tuner on My bike.
PM Me if You really want it.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I'll happily buy it, then. I've PMed you.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Homefront is the proud new owner of the power pro. He has paid and I will ship early Tomorrow.
Now that was a quick sale and I am sure Michael will be happy with the tuner. I have been for almost 3 years. Now I can play with the buttons on the Dobeck though.

SOLD SOLD SOLD

·
Registered
281 Posts
You will love the EJK. The service from Dobeck Performance is 2nd to none. I am working with them to hopefully rid myself of the pesky decel pop at 2100 rpm. I am almost there, down to about 98% gone.

·
Registered
79 Posts
You will love the EJK. The service from Dobeck Performance is 2nd to none. I am working with them to hopefully rid myself of the pesky decel pop at 2100 rpm. I am almost there, down to about 98% gone.

do you guys find that the tuners are better than having the ecu flashed by a dyno? im new to fuel injection on bikes and would rather just have it done and be done. after the intake, i wont be doing anything else to this motor on this bike...

....untill rebuild time in 100k anyway

·
Registered
281 Posts
do you guys find that the tuners are better than having the ecu flashed by a dyno? im new to fuel injection on bikes and would rather just have it done and be done. after the intake, i wont be doing anything else to this motor on this bike...

....untill rebuild time in 100k anyway
The ECU is not flashed. Processors like the PCV and EJK piggy back on the stock ECU. The Dyno is used to tune the processors and bike to optimum Air Fuel ratio, which prides optimum performance and efficiency.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rode with the stock setup from Dobeck a little. Seemed to pull very hard and had some new found snap off idle.. Tweeked the settings today and rode 30 miles or so. Went with settings some folks on here suggested. I think I like the dobeck setup better. I have never really had a backfire issue and The MPGs don't matter if it is 38 or 45 to me. Seems to be just a little better on fuel, But, to soon to tell.
Will update as I play. I am feeling a difference at very slow speed as in a parking lot. Seems smooth and throttle seems smooth and no herky jerky when you roll on it from idle in 1st or 2nd gears.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Rode with the stock setup from Dobeck a little. Seemed to pull very hard and had some new found snap off idle.. Tweeked the settings today and rode 30 miles or so. Went with settings some folks on here suggested. I think I like the dobeck setup better. I have never really had a backfire issue and The MPGs don't matter if it is 38 or 45 to me. Seems to be just a little better on fuel, But, to soon to tell.
Will update as I play. I am feeling a difference at very slow speed as in a parking lot. Seems smooth and throttle seems smooth and no herky jerky when you roll on it from idle in 1st or 2nd gears.
That's what I am hoping for. I was bummed (still am) not to get the tuner, but I will be getting the Dobeck TFI instead. Can't justify the 500 bones. I found the Dobeck for $185.00, so I think I will go that route. I am going to my local dealer tomorrow to see if they'll price match pipes for me, and if they will, i will order from them. If they won't, then I order online tomorrow night. The V&H and tuner should do nicely.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The ECU is not flashed. Processors like the PCV and EJK piggy back on the stock ECU. The Dyno is used to tune the processors and bike to optimum Air Fuel ratio, which prides optimum performance and efficiency.
i understand that im just wondering if i should go the piggy back route OR the one time and done ECU flash.

·
Registered
281 Posts
If you are running stock mufflers, its likely the reason you have not heard the popping. Put some open pipes or mufflers like I did and you will likely hear the decel popping at about 2100 RPM like the rest of us. It can be tuned out with some tweaking on the processor.

·
Registered
281 Posts
i understand that im just wondering if i should go the piggy back route OR the one time and done ECU flash.
JB, to my knowledge I have never heard of anyone that performs and ECU flash on the 1700 series bikes. The ECU is write protected. I could be wrong but not usually..lol

1 - 20 of 47 Posts