Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opportunity to buy an '09 classic that is a dealer demo with just under 3k miles and full factory warranty. I can pick it up for $7,300. Just wondering if anyone has found a non-demo in that price range. I don't mind the miles unless I can get one with no miles at or near that price. FWIW I am in Michigan in case someone wants to mention that region has an impact on price. Thanks in advance for all of your input.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have an opportunity to buy an '09 classic that is a dealer demo with just under 3k miles and full factory warranty. I can pick it up for $7,300. Just wondering if anyone has found a non-demo in that price range. I don't mind the miles unless I can get one with no miles at or near that price. FWIW I am in Michigan in case someone wants to mention that region has an impact on price. Thanks in advance for all of your input.
NO NO NO Half of the Ebay listings are 900's a lot less bucks check it out.
Bare

·
Registered
392 Posts
$7.3k is not a bad price if the machine is squeeky clean. Does it have any bolt on options? don't forget to ask about the current deal Kawasaki has, free small vulcan saddle bags and mounting hardware.
I bought a new 08 VN2000 (in feb) and just installed them. mine is solid silver, the 09 has a nice two-tone color.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$7.3k is not a bad price if the machine is squeeky clean. Does it have any bolt on options? don't forget to ask about the current deal Kawasaki has, free small vulcan saddle bags and mounting hardware.
I bought a new 08 VN2000 (in feb) and just installed them. mine is solid silver, the 09 has a nice two-tone color.
The bike is the two tone red. It looks squeaky clean from the pictures :). I haven't seen the bike in person and it is too far away (8 hours) to look before I buy. It is a new demo bike - so I would expect it to be in very good condition.

·
Registered
616 Posts
?????

The bike is the two tone red. It looks squeaky clean from the pictures :). I haven't seen the bike in person and it is too far away (8 hours) to look before I buy. It is a new demo bike - so I would expect it to be in very good condition.
TC, Id grab it, there arent a ton of them left , if you dont want it , let me know , Ill buy it !!! Not my fav color combo , but a choosey beggar is a hungry beggar

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TC, Id grab it, there arent a ton of them left , if you dont want it , let me know , Ill buy it !!! Not my fav color combo , but a choosey beggar is a hungry beggar
Kind of my thoughts too. Not many left and its a lot of bike for the money. Since it has a full warranty I don't think I can go wrong. Just wanted to confirm that people aren't buying non-demos in that price range.

Thanks

·
Registered
616 Posts
ebay

Kind of my thoughts too. Not many left and its a lot of bike for the money. Since it has a full warranty I don't think I can go wrong. Just wanted to confirm that people aren't buying non-demos in that price range.

Thanks
I saw the bike on ebay, I wont bid, but Id be jumping on it if I were you. Im not sure if that saddlebag upgrade has any monetary value , but my opinion is that those bags are TOO small for any long distance tour. Still if its free , ITS FREE!!, sell em on ebay & get bigger ones. good luck with it. Try to get him to toss in an oil change??? its OVERDUE for its FIRST, in my world ! I have always done a new bikes first oil change at approx 500 miles.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I saw the bike on ebay, I wont bid, but Id be jumping on it if I were you. Im not sure if that saddlebag upgrade has any monetary value , but my opinion is that those bags are TOO small for any long distance tour. Still if its free , ITS FREE!!, sell em on ebay & get bigger ones. good luck with it. Try to get him to toss in an oil change??? its OVERDUE for its FIRST, in my world ! I have always done a new bikes first oil change at approx 500 miles.
I'm with you on the oil change. I like to get the break-in oil out early. Little metal shavings circulating through a motor never does it much good. Thanks for holding out on the listing. Only reason I haven't hit buy it now is cause I want to discuss pick-up with the dealer. We still have snow here and will for several weeks yet.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Tc i just checked cycle trader to compare. Looks like that is a super price, you better pull the trigger before someone else does. Be sure there are no hidden charges , some bike dealers like to add on alot of extras when you are still in heat ! Bulldozer

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Tc i just checked cycle trader to compare. Looks like that is a super price, you better pull the trigger before someone else does. Be sure there are no hidden charges , some bike dealers like to add on alot of extras when you are still in heat ! Bulldozer
Thanks for checking Dozer. I will be calling the dealer first thing in the morning to wrap up the details.

Regards

·
Registered
183 Posts
I think is a good price. I just got a 2006 VN2000 in pristine condition with 4K miles on it and passenger floorboards, passenger bigger seat and backrest, communication system, saddlebags windshield and engine LEDs for 6K.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Talked to the dealer. Seem like nice folks. Still not sure I'm gonna buy the bike. If anyone else wants to jump in (and save me from myself) I'll understand.

Thanks for the input everyone!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm assuming you've never ridden the v2k?......or it would be a done deal already.

·
Registered
616 Posts
???

I'm assuming you've never ridden the v2k?......or it would be a done deal already.
TC, I must assume that Steel M is correct!! If you have ridden a V2K , it would be a no brainer!!!
You better pull the trigger, Pal before someone else does.
I wont bid, cuz I only have 3400 miles on the last one I bought.
And we/{2 sons & I} dont need 4 of them!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TC, I must assume that Steel M is correct!! If you have ridden a V2K , it would be a no brainer!!!
You better pull the trigger, Pal before someone else does.
I wont bid, cuz I only have 3400 miles on the last one I bought.
And we/{2 sons & I} dont need 4 of them!!!
I have ridden a V2K. It is a phenomenal machine. Felt much more powerful than my '09 Nomad. I really liked it. FWIW my other bike is a BMW S10000RR so speed is relative :D. I love riding the torque curve of a powerful twin though! Still likely gonna do it - I just didn't want to hold anyone back if they were ready to jump.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
616 Posts
I have ridden a V2K. It is a phenomenal machine. Felt much more powerful than my '09 Nomad. I really liked it. FWIW my other bike is a BMW S10000RR so speed is relative :D. I love riding the torque curve of a powerful twin though! Still likely gonna do it - I just didn't want to hold anyone back if they were ready to jump.

Thanks guys!
YOU jump!! both feet!! join the ranks ! LOL

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I am also looking at buying a brand new 08 VN2000 Classic from a local dealer, they are asking $9,999-

The thing is they had this same bike last summer when I was in, and the owner offered it to me for $10,130- a year ago... there is a $2,000 rebate in effect from Kawasaki until 3/31 so I'm not sure if that would come into play or if they are already counting that as part of the deal.

I was wondering if you (or anyone else) would have any concerns about buying a bike that has been sitting on the floor for three years... to my knowledge it's been sitting there dry all this time.

Even at $9,999- I think that's a decent deal for a brand new V2K Classic but I figure there is probably some more room on that too.

Again sorry for hijacking mid-thread, but when I saw your comment I had to register and say something in hopes you could advise :D

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts

Thanks guys!
So did you go for it?

I bought a brand new 09 Nomad back when they launched, and I had it for not even two weeks and then I drove my friends V2K and I sold that Nomad that same weekend! I started looking for a V2K and then I found myself planted on a ZX-14 and before I knew it I bought my first sportbike... it's been a big change!

I've had that for the last two seasons, and while I absolutely love the 14 it's just way more bike than I (or anyone really) needs for a casual rider. I got my power fix and then some, and I kinda want to go back to a cruiser.

Not that the V2K is a casual cruiser, but you know what I mean if you ride a S1000RR mate ;)

·
Registered
616 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I am also looking at buying a brand new 08 VN2000 Classic from a local dealer, they are asking $9,999-

The thing is they had this same bike last summer when I was in, and the owner offered it to me for $10,130- a year ago... there is a $2,000 rebate in effect from Kawasaki until 3/31 so I'm not sure if that would come into play or if they are already counting that as part of the deal.

I was wondering if you (or anyone else) would have any concerns about buying a bike that has been sitting on the floor for three years... to my knowledge it's been sitting there dry all this time.

Even at $9,999- I think that's a decent deal for a brand new V2K Classic but I figure there is probably some more room on that too.

Again sorry for hijacking mid-thread, but when I saw your comment I had to register and say something in hopes you could advise :D

Thanks!
I think you should get accurate info regarding the $2000 rebate?? Id say 9999 is a fleecing from the dealer, if that includes the rebate .
As for the sitting in showroom time, I wouldnt worry at all., My 08 sat for 2yrs & its been fine!! Check inside tank, for rust??? , but IM sure it will be fine! I did my bikes first oil change at 200 mi though!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts