Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a "break-in" ride on my 2013 Classic. A world of difference from my Shadow VT600C cruiser. Much more refined ride and a bit more acceleration. I rode my usual weekend route and didn't notice as many bumps as I usually feel with the other bike. I was even trying to see if I could scrape the floor boards but never managed to pull that off even though it felt like I had some good lean in some twisties.

The gearing took a bit to get used to. It seemed like it didn't take much to be wanting to shift out of first into second. I got it into third a few times as I headed out of town. Fourth seemed to have the widest range (from a speed perspective). I also had it in fifth a few times, which felt fine except for the fact that I was waaay over the speed limit on the roads traveled.

I installed a Memphis Shades Alley Cat windshield and, while I like the look, I wasn't thrilled with the buffeting. I'll try different adjustment positions to see if that improves. I'll post pics of the windshield and Highway Hawk Extreme Fat Bar that I also installed last night.

I can also see that I will be installing some louder pipes at some point --- not to be obnoxious but instead get some rumble that fits the look of the bike. ;)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Congrats on your new bike! Welcome to the club. 900 club that is. I have a classic model myself. Easier to mod to your own taste. Enjoy...

·
Registered
357 Posts
I had my eye on a VT600 when I went to the dealer, but bought my 900 Classic instead. Wasn't a fan of the 4 speed and the 900 just felt better. You will like it.

As for the buffeting, you may have to look at lowers. They made a big difference for me.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Lowers definitely help.

There's an easy test! While riding at speed, hold your hand up over the front of the fuel tank, between the fuel tank and the windshield. If you notice a change in the buffeting; then lowers will help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts