Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between here and the Twin Cities, MN, there must be a half dozen good sized bike dealers. Lots of folks ride bike in this part of the country.

Since I go into the Twin Cities quite a bit, I stop at most of the bike dealers.

Anyway, it must be crunch time because I'm seeing some deals going on:

fer instance...

Black, 09 Kawi Nomad....$12,800 new.

New Honda, 07, VTX, 1800...$9,999...leather bags and windshield.

09 Kawi 900LT's at $7,650...in some cases, a bit less.

Have any of the rest of you seen some interesting deals in your area?

Mod's if my thread doesn't belong here...or doesn't belong period, move as you need to...thanks.

:)

·
Registered
657 Posts
So Rog... I hope you didn't pay more than $7650 for your LT:eek:!!! Got my 08 for $7100 :D (new) back in March (took me all of about 15 minutes to decide). They had just dropped the price 2 days earlier and I just "happen to wander" by to see what was going on.
What I'm seeing here at the 3 dealers I frequent, there are some deals, but mostly for a few hundred less than usual (where I adopted Eljay). One of the larger ones is trying a different approach. I was in there a couple of weeks ago and didn't see much in the way of a deal. As a matter of fact they seemed to be only carrying about 20-30% of their normal inventory, especially on cruisers. One of the others has a bit less inventory, but seems to hava a lot of Yamaha's they're having a difficult time moving. Most folks that go there usually don't seem to go away very happy. We also have a large Cyclegear store which usually doesn't seem really busy either.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I agree with that (Annie can correct me if I am wrong), we are just hearing only the ads for Hillsboro Motor Sports and Beaverton (Bob Lamphere). Nothing else. I really do not think cycling is that large out here in the NW but when your riding season is only 6-8 months, it is a little difficult.

I am seeing more deals on Craigslist due to peeps selling due to economy, divorce, too many, need to pay bills, etc.

I also heard the economy is really not going to turn around for a couple years, so by that time I will have both cars paid off (long story) and if I do well in my job, will be able to get a place on the coast and a newer ride.

Just holding on....

·
Registered
657 Posts
Hey... if you decide to move to California (providing you're talking the lower West Coast)... let me know and I'll be at the state line with a great big WELCOME TO THE GRANOLA STATE AND GREAT YEAR ROUND RIDING sign!!!:D:cool:

(Granola state...That which ain't Fruits or Nuts is Flakes!!!

·
Registered
376 Posts
My dealer still has new 07's on the floor. I wanted to check out some 1700's but he said he did not order much in that line due to the slow sales. Bile sales are down 40% nationwide according to him.

I stopped by a local Kawi dealer today who has a new Voyager on the floor unsold.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Speaking for the North Texas Crowd here locally. My dealership here in town is playing it safe due to the economy and is having a hard time moving it's stock right now and from what I hear souther Oklahoma Altus/Lawton area (could be wrong now) is ok, but same situation, not moving as fast either, deals can be made, but it's not going to be like they were for a few years to come.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'm just in the process of buying a new '09 900LT from Hitching Post in the Twin Cities, Minnesota. They are advertising them at $7199 right now. I'm expecting to complete all the paper work and pick mine up on Monday. Woo-hoo! :)

·
Registered
533 Posts
I frequently stop by my dealership just to visit. Their floor is covered with cruisers (Kaw and Yammie) as well as sportbikes. Last year by this time their showroom was practically empty. This year sales have been terrible. They have sold several new Yammie 950's, two new Nomads, a Voyager, and an "08 Concours. A few sportbikes have gone but not many.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts