Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last fall my 2000 fi was fouling rear plugs, ended up at dealer. 700 bucks and 3 weeks later I get bike back. road it home in rain/snow. managed a few short rides when I could. spring arrives and rain, long story short. not much riding. now runs good when cold, after its warm it starts misfire/stumble. acts like its dropping cylinder, at least its not dumping fuel out of exhaust. put kick stand down and lean it over and it cleans out and runs good. stand it up and sorta bobbles, lean to right and runs so bad, almost stalls. dealer said they replaced both injectors and pressure regulator. took it back to them twice, they say its fine. any ideas ?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had a similar issue with my 1500. Mine ended up a bad plug wire, and a rubber/plastic part of the intake (I'm not sure what, the mechanic was working out of his home garage so no receipt).

Joel

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
keep getting upload error when trying to add pics of plugs, front two look ok, light tan with some black, left rear fouled, right rear somewhere in the middle. bike has 36,980 miles

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
Clean up the plugs as best you can and re-install.
Get it warm so that it blubbers when leaned over. Lean it over so that it barely runs and hold it there for a couple of minutes. Then shut off, pull plugs and see if they are wet with fuel. Take some pictures and post them.

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
Get it to the position where it is running worst but still running.

Key on, the FI light goes out after a few seconds?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok, raining out so... cleaned plugs and had it leaning over to right on block of wood. ran fine while cold, as it started to warm it started to misfire. by the time fan kicked on it would not stay running unless I stood it up, or lean it over on kick stand

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
still cant upload photo of plugs??? after several times, plugs come out looking the same, rear wet with gas, front dark brown/ black. same as photo posted earlier.

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
More questions:

1. how long have you owned?
2. Any aftermarket add-ons...pipes, processor, etc?
3. What was the initial problem you noticed and when?
4. Any work done to the bike no matter how unrelated?
5. How did the engine run before problem showed up?
6. Did it just show up one day or did it get worse over time?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
owned for 1 year, vance&hines long shots been on bike since 2002, last oct it fouled rear plugs, talked with you on this fourm about it, ended up at dealer, they replaced both injectors and pressure regulator. never was right after that

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no processor, rest is stock. I have tried swapping coils and wires and tip over switch with known good parts from a running bike, same model and year

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
Questions 3,4,5,6

Do not remember previous conversations.

The dealer turned it back to you with exactly the same issue?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts