Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been in the market for a while mainly looking at victories and harleys, when all the sudden a buddy of mine told me about a particular vulcan. I had never looked into them before but after looking at it and riding it, i had to do it. It's about the ugliest vulcan you've ever seen but for what I bought it for, I get to make it my own :). WIth that said, it's going to need some serious love. I'm looking for all kinds of parts for it but in particular...

Chrome wheels
Drag Bars
Forward Controls
different fenders
Led turn signals/tail lights
Grips
chrome engine parts and other parts
different seat
different handle bar controls

right now i'm open but am looking for good deals so if you got stuff you are wanting to get rid of, just email me [email protected] with pics and prices

and if there is ne thing else not on that list you think i might be interested in, let me know. i don't need pipes though, it has vance and hines straight pipes on it and they are nice and loud :)

looking forward to get to know all you fellow vulcan owners

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks alot! it probably won't be this week but soon i'm going to take a bunch of pics of the bike in the current state and show some pics of what i'm envisioning for the future. if all goes as planned this vulcan will be one of the wickest vulcans on the market!

btw nomad u prob know, where would be a good place to find wheels. i want to do like a 205 tire on the back but need a new wheel too (not to fond of spoke designs) i know alot about car wheels but nothing about motorcycle wheels. how specific are the fits? what size should i look for? etc???

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
thanks alot! it probably won't be this week but soon i'm going to take a bunch of pics of the bike in the current state and show some pics of what i'm envisioning for the future. if all goes as planned this vulcan will be one of the wickest vulcans on the market!

btw nomad u prob know, where would be a good place to find wheels. i want to do like a 205 tire on the back but need a new wheel too (not to fond of spoke designs) i know alot about car wheels but nothing about motorcycle wheels. how specific are the fits? what size should i look for? etc???
Only aftermarket wheels I've ever bought were for the Honda and I got them here: http://www.rccomponents.com/

They are nicely chromed and have held up great but take a deep breath before you price them out! :eek:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i konw what you are saying about the price! why in the crap r motorcycle wheels so friggin expensive. i have a set of 24" chrome wheels for my truck that cost me about the same as 2 freaking 18" motorcycle wheels! what gives?

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
i konw what you are saying about the price! why in the crap r motorcycle wheels so friggin expensive. i have a set of 24" chrome wheels for my truck that cost me about the same as 2 freaking 18" motorcycle wheels! what gives?
Guess they charge that much because they can. :mad: The market seems to pay it. Crazy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts