Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy a Mustang Solo seat but my throwover bags(They are held to the fender by the rear passenger seat pad) would be just sitting there. Would i be able to use "Small" self tapping screws to hold the bags in place, or does anyone have a better idea? Would the bags be a problem without securing them, the bike has no bag braces on it, no need for them.

Thanks in advance, i would like to buy the seat asap to see if it will help me ride more than 50 miles before i have to stop. Because if it does not i will probably sell the bike and give up riding, the stock seat on it is 16yrs old and im sitting on the plastic pan and it hurts bad.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? The bags are the type with the shoe string type of adjustment on the piece under the seat, and the bags can zipper on and off and have velcro to hide the zipper. I did use some self tappers on my HD 1200 Sporty when i got a low profile solo saddle(took back because it was harder than the stock seat by a mile). Never could afford the Mustang for that bike, so i sold it and stopped riding for two years until this bike. I really want to keep riding, the Airhawk R that i bought really is of no help and i can return it if i can get this Mustang seat to try out.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Self tapping screws or some sort of glue are my only ideas. I seem to recall the brake light wiring is under the rear fender, so if you use screws be careful not to hit it. Good luck!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Saw a picture of a harley and their throw overs still went under the solo seat. If yours does not maybe you can add a tongue to the strap so it does. If you have a seat screw just punch or drill a hole in the tongue to let it pass through. I would not shoot screw in the fender or glue, that sounds like a last resort.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for the replies. I ended up buying a nice used two up today. Its is the one that looks like a pillow top seat, like the older Sporty upgrade seats. Hope it bolts on because the saddlebags attachment that goes under the pillion is t/4 inch thick or more. With the stock seat i had to add washers to the fender part of the clamp to bring it up enough for the seat clamp to engage. Wish me luck, this seat set me back a months disability check just so i can see if i will still be able to ride any more. Thank you for the replies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts