Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Cobra Speedster Longs installed with the Quietcore baffles, but it is still too loud for me. So I tried wrapping the quietcore baffles with high temp stove gasket rope. It didn't seem to decrease the volume at all, but it did take out the sharp crack to the sound, especially when on the throttle. So that definitely is an improvement. I only covered two of the four rows of holes at each wrapping point. Perhaps I should have covered three of the four. I was thinking about trying the smartpartz baffles next. For any one interested in trying this I used 3/8" gasket, no glues or adhesives, just your standard boy scout rope and knot skills.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Just sell me your longs and be done with them.....lol.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Sometimes I am glad that I live close to a highway. Nobody cares about the noise.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you don't mind spending the extra $75, I think you'll like the combination of the Quite Core baffles with the Smartpartz Hard Kore baffles. In fact, if anyone else is considering quiter baffles for their Cobra pipes, I'd recommend getting the Smartpartz baffles first, and then adding the Quite Cores if they Smartpartz aren't good enough by themselves.

I bought the Quite Cores first and they really didn't make enough difference for me to recommend them. The Hard Kores were much more noticible, even when used with the original Cobra baffles. They quieted the exhaust some and also lowered the pitch so that I my ears didn't ring after I'd been riding for 15 minutes.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I dont't understand why dont you just put the stock pipes back on? is it a looks thing?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks and sound. I am not really a fan of the look of the stock pipes. I also wanted better sounding pipes. I just had no idea that the Cobra pipes would be orders of magnitude greater in volume. I love the look of them, and now that I have wrapped the baffles and gotten rid of the sharp crack to the sound, I love the sound. Nice deep rumble. I just want it a little less loud. My wife says that the bike is quieter than the exhaust I had on the Toyota Celica I used to own. With that she could hear coming home from a loooong way off :D The intake used to scream like a banshee when at WOT as well. (I loved that sound!) The difference was there was a lot of "insulation" between me and the exhaust and intake.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts