Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got it this week, I bought It cheap with the understanding it needed new cam timing chains, I pulled the cam chain tentioners and they had the extenders all ready installed plenty of extension left, there is no chain slap sounds there a valve clicking when I got it home and after giving it a dose of sea foam that went away. So far the durn thing is perfect I am very happy with it maybe this winter I might replace the chains but I don't think it needs them right now maybe never? I want to ask a question can I pull the valve covers without removing the motor? Ain't much room there. Any way best handling bike I ever had the torque is awesome.

Attachments

·
Registered
580 Posts
It's really easy to pull the fuel tank and then you can get the covers off easily

·
Registered
260 Posts
DanR - the previous owner probably mistook the the valve clicking for chain slapping. Did you add seafoam to the oil or gas? I had valve noise and used auto- rx in the oil and it worked but its expensive. (26$/ bottle) BTW the valves click when a hydrolic lifter gets stuck which seems very commen with all big Kawasaki cruisers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like sewing machine it's not bad nothing like car with bad lifter, cam chain tight like supposed to be, can't hear any clacking and you can't hear any valve noise going down the road, I did change to a 20w-50 and after the oil change I heard a definite reduction in valve noise, I think it's good to go, thanks y'all

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Btw, I used about 3 ounces of sea foam in oil before changing an sprayed some in intake and it did quite it down a lot, wished I had rode it more before changing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts