Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just started my 2007 v2k for the first time this year...it sat for 2 month with a battery tender hooked to it a full tank of gas started right up needed to warm the oil so i could change it...she had a terrible tick coming from the front top of the motor so i shut it off changed the oil after some freaking out...restarted it and it was better but not gone after about 30min it has finally gone away...is this normal...how do i not go through that again...i think i lost about 5 year off my life....not a great way to start the season it has 34000 mile on it and would expect it to last a long time...any problems with running amsoil 10w40?? anyway looks like its bike season...any help or reassurances:confused: that i didn't break it would be greatly accepted...:confused:

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,906 Posts
Nothing wrong.. it just sat for a long time.

It was probably the lifters. Once they got all lubed and oiled up, things quieted down.

(I make sure to start my bike every couple of weeks if I haven't ridden it,. and let it idle for awhile)

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
Add a can of Seafoam to the oil. :D

NO, NO, NO, I'm only kidding, although adding a small amount of this, or something similar ( 6 oz., or so) would have gotten into that lifter and freed it up a little quicker. As long as you were just going to warm it up and then drain the oil. These lifters have been known to tick for awhile after sitting for a long time. I'm sure it will be fine after it has run for awhile.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Mine does the same for varying lengths of time after being holed up in the garage all winter(heated). I believe its the lifters just needing to get "pumped up". It seemed better this spring using synthetic oil. Does not seem to hurt anything either way. Start it up, and ride on:good:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts