Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so my mustang seat came in about 30 min ago. I immediately ripped it out of the box and installed it with zero issues. Went for a quick ride around the neighborhood and OMG..this is the best improvement over the stocker. Its like riding on a mattress and the passenger seat is long enough where i dont even have to adjust my sissy bar. 6' 175lbs and i didnt notice being forward any just up a few inches. This is WELL worth the money .

also installed a 12v plug today lmk what you think of the location?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yea it's the first thing I bought. I got the one with the backrest.

Best $560 I ever spent. The seat is AMAZING. Been on a couple 125 mile rides and it was like sitting at home on my leather couch :)

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
blakeh, looks like you got the same seat I did. I too was amazed at the difference. Recently went on a 2 day 900 mile trip and never felt a bit of monkey butt.

·
Registered
742 Posts
they are awesome seats... i loved it on my Classic. but my personal preference is a cleaner more streamline look and that mustang is just too bulky... great comfort though!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
In general, on the custom, I agree with you jagered. I bought mine because my wife decided (after 18 yrs) that she wanted to ride with me and let's face it; the stock seat is really a solo. It took me a few days to get used to the look of that big, wide rear seat, but once the sissy bar and bags are on it looks natural. The rare times I've got the bags off I usually swap the OEM seat back on for the sleek look.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I agree Steve, I had a Mustang on my 750 and loved it but I really like the look of the stock seat on the custom better.

RG

·
Registered
139 Posts
Why can't Kawasaki just put good foam in their stock seats to give our AMERICAN butts
a good ride????????????????? The seat feels good when you sit on them when your looking to buy it. It seems that it doesn't matter what size bike you buy from them, The stock seat kills ya this forum really makes that clear. Are they in with the after market seat makers for a cut???????????

·
Registered
87 Posts
I am thinking of buying the mustang seats too. But i am just curious. With the stock seat looks like you have room to slide in and out and change seating positions. But with the mustang seats looks like its kinda of set in a certain shape as you cant go back anymore as the back of the seat is designed like a backrest. Does that hinder the ride in anyway?

·
Registered
273 Posts
mustang

I think the comfort far outweigh the fact you are more molded in the same position. I found with the stocker you were always sitting on the curved part of the seat which made your butt and lower back ache. That is the part of the seat that gives you support on your back. I bought the optional BR for long trips which I really like. Even without the BR it provides great support.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Why can't Kawasaki just put good foam in their stock seats to give our AMERICAN butts
a good ride????????????????? The seat feels good when you sit on them when your looking to buy it. It seems that it doesn't matter what size bike you buy from them, The stock seat kills ya this forum really makes that clear. Are they in with the after market seat makers for a cut???????????
Kawi almost certainly does not get anything from Mustang...they're an American company, and they sell more seats to HD riders than they do to metric bikers.
Somebody told me that it's the seat pan, and not the foam attached thereto that makes the OEM seat uncomfortable. Makes sense to me I guess...:rolleyes:
All I know is that my Mustang seat (same as pictured above 'cept mine has studs and "conchos"---whatever those are...) is DANG comfy!
It looks great on my "D" model, and it was worth the $$ if you ask me.
:cool:

·
Registered
139 Posts
ETC(SS)
I to bought a Mustang seat because of the crappy stock seat. The point is we shouldn't have to. When I changed them you could really notice a big weight difference. The Mustang does have a metal base but they definitly use better foam. JM2C

1 - 12 of 12 Posts