Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Near 28,000 miles on ol' Redemption, learning the art of Zen and Motorcycle Maintenance along the way as I added bling, learned to do brake jobs, doing my own valve adjustment, etc... but the time has come to move on. I visited the dealership today and worked out a favorable trade in on a 2008 1600 Nomad with a few extras already on it. Should work it all out and have her in the stable by this weekend!

So Redemption will be put to pasture... (until she finds another stable), and soon, I'll be hoppin' 'round town on... GRACE!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Congrats !

Did the same thing myself in May, and I'm very happy.

In fact, I am very surprised by the other current thread of guys that went over to the Victory. As I'm sure you found, the cost to transition from a 900 to a used 1600 Nomad is not that much.

My 900 was an 08 with 18,000 miles. Went to an 06 Nomad with 3,800. Net cost, $2,000.

Good luck with your new Nomad !!!

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I am a big fan of what Victory has too but I agree, can't help but look at the fact I can hop on one of the Kawasaki heavy bikes for a lot less.

I'll keep my 900 for a few more years I'm sure. I enjoy it too much not too. But I am happy for you hopping on something a little bigger. I'm sure I'll be doing the same in a few years. Mostly just because I'd like to have electronic cruise control and some lower highway revs!

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wouldn't ya know the luck... riding to trade in Redemption and close the deal last night, and: ...hiss...hiss...hiss...hiss... A little wiggle in the rear along with that sound and I pulled right over. FLAT! Although the tire went down fast, MSF skills kicked in and I got to the shoulder with very little fear.

Think Redemption was trying to tell me she's not ready to go to pasture? LOL

Now I've got to wait 'til tomorrow and trailer the bike in, add the cost of a tire to the paperwork, and THEN ride away on my new bike. :D

·
Registered
658 Posts
Congrats! Good luck with the new bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts