Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
Popped out on my vn900 2010 started first time,went down a dual carriage way and off the next exit get to the lights and I'm pissing about and hit my ignition button stops the bike dead dash off I turn the key to try and start back up no dash or fuel injection noise

Pushed to safely to a near by car park thinking the fuse as gone somewhere no there are all good still no dash clock or start, there is qla knock only one though when I turn the key inside where the air filter is

I need you guys help please thanks

Ps pushed it back 2.2 miles not fun with everyone laughing at me all afternoon hey oh

·
Registered
675 Posts
If I understand correctly, I think you mean you accidently hit the starter button while the bike was operating. I've done this a couple of times while riding, but experienced no ill effect. It sounds like this somehow robbed you of primary electrical power, but you say it is not the fuses. If you have a voltage meter and a wiring diagram, you could start tracing voltages from the battery to wherever is is failing. If the problem is not a fuse, then it could be a switch or even a wire or a connector. The problem sounds electrical, so you will have to search for it I think.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Is there ANY power?
Turn signals, horn?
Does the throttle body do its thing when you turn the key to on?
Did you check the main 30 amp fuse on the right hand side?
It is at the starter relay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All fuses are good both sides, got headlight and backlight are on and the light under the speedo is on , no fuel injection noise no neutral light and dead at the ignition switch

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi All
Popped out on my vn900 2010 started first time,went down a dual carriage way and off the next exit get to the lights and I'm pissing about and hit my ignition button stops the bike dead dash off I turn the key to try and start back up no dash or fuel injection noise

Pushed to safely to a near by car park thinking the fuse as gone somewhere no there are all good still no dash clock or start, there is qla knock only one though when I turn the key inside where the air filter is

I need you guys help please thanks

Ps pushed it back 2.2 miles not fun with everyone laughing at me all afternoon hey oh
This may sound stupid, but what position is the kill switch in on the the throttle grip? I accidently bumped mine years ago and couldn't figure out what happened until I noticed the switch in the wrong position. Quite embarrassing, but thought I'd ask.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Even if the kill switch isn't thrown, it could be the culprit. Snap it back and forth a few times. The contacts could be corroded or dirty. With everything else powering up, the other things I would check are the Clutch and Kickstand Lockouts. But those should only affect it if you're not in Neutral.

·
Registered
337 Posts
With regard to the clutch lockout, the harness connector for that is under the tank on the top of the frame, and can become disconnected. I read old threads about it on the old forum and it helped me find mine. There are 2 blue and one green connectors. It is one of the blue ones.
You could just lift the tank a bit and find it. It is worth a check.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I agree - check the clutch lockout and kickstand lockout if that's present as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update bike is now fixed it was the main ignition fuse that blown, had the world most tiny break on it back on the road though now

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Some things we all learn the hard way. You can't look at a fuse to see if it's ok, you either have to test it or replace it. Glad to hear it turned out to be something simple Ride safe!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts