Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
There is no doubt the guy in the truck is a piece of you-know-what. However, both guys on the bikes should have just stopped, got off the road for a few minutes to cool off and let the fool move along. Why would the guy on the bike in front try to get past someone on a narrow windy road who obviously is out to cause trouble? We've all seen idiots like this on the road at some point and you just have to swallow your pride sometimes in order to diffuse a potentially fatal situation.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
That [email protected] in the truck should be off the road. He should lose his license and face criminal charges. His ignorance is dangerous!
You're right; finding the right words is difficult.

Those [email protected] on the bikes should get a handful of tickets as well.
It doesn't matter if you like to ride fast on a particular road; take a little time and ride with a little more caution when around others.
I have been around some of those sportbikes that put me in danger because I am trying not to hit them.
They want to live on the edge and push the limits. Thats fine; just don't include me!

All around the situation was made worse by stupidity.

Scott

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
Yup, I vote dumb and dumber. If I saw it correctly, the bike crossed a double-yellow line to pass the truck. That doesn't permit the cager to go on a rampage either. Just cuz you are on a crotch-rocket doesn't allow you to jeopardize others while you get your thrill, any more than the cager gets to jeopardize anyone cuz he "was raised on that road." They both can splatter themselves as far as I care. And yes, just pull over and take five, let the moron get on down the road, and go back to enjoying life. But, just in case some moron backs me into a corner, 45 ACP on my hip, 12 gauge in the saddlebag. Hey, there are some mean squirrels out there, gotta be prepared! :D

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
That [email protected] in the truck should be off the road. He should lose his license and face criminal charges. His ignorance is dangerous!
You're right; finding the right words is difficult.

Those [email protected] on the bikes should get a handful of tickets as well.
It doesn't matter if you like to ride fast on a particular road; take a little time and ride with a little more caution when around others.
I have been around some of those sportbikes that put me in danger because I am trying not to hit them.
They want to live on the edge and push the limits. Thats fine; just don't include me!

All around the situation was made worse by stupidity.

Scott
I agree with ya there. I can see both sides of the issue. I know the road was probably posted as 55 with the yellow 35mph signs in the curves. I know they are "Advised Safe Speed" signs. But it is not always road conditions, they could be there for blind entrances and other reasons. I feel they should have some traffic violations in their hands.

The guy in the pickup, probably lives there and gets tired of those guys buzzing by all the time. Could have had past encounters with them in the past. We don't know the full story and probably never will. BUT there is no excuse in the world why he should have acted the way he did. I think he should get get jail time over this.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I agree with ya there. I can see both sides of the issue. I know the road was probably posted as 55 with the yellow 35mph signs in the curves. I know they are "Advised Safe Speed" signs. But it is not always road conditions, they could be there for blind entrances and other reasons. I feel they should have some traffic violations in their hands.

The guy in the pickup, probably lives there and gets tired of those guys buzzing by all the time. Could have had past encounters with them in the past. We don't know the full story and probably never will. BUT there is no excuse in the world why he should have acted the way he did. I think he should get get jail time over this.
I had a sportbike pass my truck on the interstate @ 70+ doing a wheelie. He set it down about 20 yards in front of me and bounced the tire or something because he got some pretty bad wobble that took what seemed like forever to straighten out.
I wouldn't have been at fault, but I don't want to be part of any serious injury wreck.

On my bike, I was setting up for a nice curve with a switchback on a road I LOVE to ride.
I will admit that I was exceeding the speed limit and not expecting anyone to come up from behind.
I had shaved off my speed, let off my brake, shifted my weight and just started dip the bike; when a buzzy little mosquito crotch rocket shoots by on the yellow line.
This is a rural area and I have gone into that curve many times to find a F350 pulling a trailer well into my lane.

The truck driver in that video is way out of line, and a complete waste of skin. But, I know I have been pretty pissed at some of the sportbike crowd!

Scott

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I had a sportbike pass my truck on the interstate @ 70+ doing a wheelie. He set it down about 20 yards in front of me and bounced the tire or something because he got some pretty bad wobble that took what seemed like forever to straighten out.
I wouldn't have been at fault, but I don't want to be part of any serious injury wreck.

On my bike, I was setting up for a nice curve with a switchback on a road I LOVE to ride.
I will admit that I was exceeding the speed limit and not expecting anyone to come up from behind.
I had shaved off my speed, let off my brake, shifted my weight and just started dip the bike; when a buzzy little mosquito crotch rocket shoots by on the yellow line.
This is a rural area and I have gone into that curve many times to find a F350 pulling a trailer well into my lane.

The truck driver in that video is way out of line, and a complete waste of skin. But, I know I have been pretty pissed at some of the sportbike crowd!

Scott
I was passed once by 3 sport bikes on a larger 2 lane road around here. It started with me driving along and in about a 3 mile streatch I saw 3-4 State Troopers sitting in wide spots waiting. After I passed them I got BUZZED by 3 of those sport bike guys had to be doing 100+. I was doing 55 and I could barley tell you what color bikes they were on. A few seconds later the state troopers came with lights going but not trying to catch him, but making good time. (I figured they were waiting to find them piled up). I saw them at a gas station a few miles up the road being stuffed in the back of the trooper cars. Don't know what was charged or anything else but they did get cuffed stuffed.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The only ones I feel sorry for are the people unfortunate to watch this. Everyone in this video was in the wrong. They all need to sit in jail for a few hours.

·
Registered
335 Posts
The only ones I feel sorry for are the people unfortunate to watch this. Everyone in this video was in the wrong. They all need to sit in jail for a few hours.
X2..... the reason why this is absolutely idiotic takes place between 1:54 & 1:59 where kids could have been nearbye. Country roads don't always equal isolation.

They both need to be taken to coroners office to see some crash victims and understand what danger they were putting each other in.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
These idgits make us want to blow them away but it is always better to leave it alone. Report whatever info you have because confronting them most likely will not end well. He could have pulled out a gun when he stopped his truck.

Besides, how long do you think such stupidity can go unanswered?

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Agree with what's being said.

Sage advice, heard it from a million sources. You can be right, and dead, or inconvenienced and still riding. They were wrong in the way they rode, but even if they were right? Why take on the truck? Why take on the driver? Slow down, and move on. If he stops too and confronts you, that's a different story and steps may need to be taken to keep everyone else safe. But why antagonize? This guy already had a beef with motorcycles AND showed he was MORE than willing to KILL these two guys. Nobody is so stupid not to know that that erratic behavior could end lives. So why would you confront a person like that? What if that pickup truck wasn't the only weapon he was hanging on to that day?

I have zero compassion for stupidly dangerous drivers, whether bike or cage. Idiots on bikes put the rest of us in danger. I've quite literally, and repeatedly heard that "I won't watch for motorcycles" because "They are out there being stupid, so why should I be concerned about their safety if they aren't?" It's not just your life on the line when you ride stupid. What these guys did was idiotic, but his response, by his own admission, was brought on by OTHER riders.

There's a big group of sportbikes that ride through St.Louis once a year. There are usually fatalities, always several accidents. Have you ever seen the idiotic video of the kid standing backwards on his sportbike taking a video with his iPhone? That's them. Pure idiots. And they act like they own the place and everyone is out to get them. They got kicked out of their hotel for doing burnouts in the parking lot and hitting THREE cars, but of course, the Hotel manager was just anti-biker they said. They threatened to beat up a guy in an SUV when he ran over one of them and they died. Well, he was doing a wheelie in front of the SUV, fell off, and the truck couldn't stop in time. The decisions that caused the life were made by the sportbike rider, not the driver of the SUV. Finally, they were ushered off the road by the county police and highway patrol because they had caused SO MANY accidents, and because they thought it was funny they spread across all lanes of a major interstate and slowed to 30mph to slow traffic (which IS illegal in this state, you have to do at LEAST 40mph on the interstate!). When they were surrounded by police cars they took their bikes off the embankment and went the wrong way up an on-ramp. When bikes wrecked in the wet grass or hit squad cars, it was the cops fault. One officer nudged (And I do mean nudge, the biker was going so slow he was 'walking' the bike with his feet, and the squad car rolled up and nudged his rear end knocking him over) they screamed that he should be charged for 'ramming' a motorcycle. I'm sorry, I don't feel sorry for them! He was doing his job, keeping the rest of us safe. If a police officer has to shoot an armed individual who might harm someone, that's exactly what my tax dollars go to, no different than a motorcycle about to take off up an on ramp. and kill someone on the other side...

Anyway, the point of my rant is, bikers have enough problems. Idiotic drivers, certain municipal police departments that don't like them, angry soccer moms who want motorcycles banned or more sanctions and restrictions placed on them and the riders. We don't need to be validating their behavior. What the guy in the pickup truck was wrong, horribly wrong. I sincerely hope he sees the backside of some steel bars and that truck ends up in a police auction. However, as a motorcyclist, I am appalled by the behavior of those two riders.

There are all sorts of tracks that allow you to do that stuff. I've got nothing against thrill riding if you do it where others aren't placed in danger. I believe that if you aren't hurting anyone else, then you can make your own decisions. But, what they did absolutely COULD hurt someone else. Go out to a sanctioned track for track day, or find out if there's a 'stunt day' around you. There's a huge old abandoned parking lot (used to be a factory) that several times a year has a big 'stunt event' where you pay a few bucks and can stunt your bike. The dealership I bought my bike from does the same thing, they bought the grocery store with a huge parking lot that was next to them when it went out of business. The grocery store is now the service area and the parking lot has been resurfaced for overflow parking for events, and once in a while, a huge stunt arena for anyone who wants to mess around! It's private property, and the only people on that 'road' are people consenting to the risks involved. If you must, do it there!

·
Registered
240 Posts
It ain't the tools (guns, bikes, auto's, knives, ex's, etc...) it's the insane asylum nut jobs that can't use em.

·
Registered
159 Posts

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Where he probably belongs!

Though, again, those motorcycle riders deserve a few citations as well! EVERYONE has to follow the law, especially if you demand the people who put you in danger by not following the law be punished for failing to follow the law!

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Where he probably belongs!

Though, again, those motorcycle riders deserve a few citations as well! EVERYONE has to follow the law, especially if you demand the people who put you in danger by not following the law be punished for failing to follow the law!
Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. I agree.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
This was also posted on here sometime ago, maybe earlier last year, the resolution to the incident was also posted as it made the papers, from memory, the moron in the pick up was charged with various offenses, apparently, he was returning home from NC after some National Guard training.

Those on the bikes were not charged ... but i bet they think twice before passing another vehical on a double yellow.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
This was also posted on here sometime ago, maybe earlier last year, the resolution to the incident was also posted as it made the papers, from memory, the moron in the pick up was charged with various offenses, apparently, he was returning home from NC after some National Guard training.

Those on the bikes were not charged ... but i bet they think twice before passing another vehical on a double yellow.
According to the articles I read the bikes weren't charged with a crime, but they were cited for passing on the double yellow and one or two other traffic violations.

They also clocked them with their camera footage and weren't able to conclude they were speeding.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Wow, he just made it by the truck, did he come out with a crowbar at the stop sign ?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts