Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Living The Dream
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the 1st ride of the season under my belt today. Granted it was only a 5 mile treck back to work, but it felt wonderful. Although it kind of feels like I still have my sea legs on after being off 2 wheels over the winter months. That'll pass soon enough, bring on summer! :drool:

Sorry Poncho had to rub it in a little bit. 60° and sunny today.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I was able to put 10 miles on last night. It was in the low 40's but it felt so good just to able to ride.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Raining buckets today. Its ok though, still need to work on belt tension from my pulley install. Wait I have another bike!!!!.... oh yea...... it doesn't like rain either.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm hoping to get a quick ride in tomorrow. It'll be my first of the season.

It's supposed to be 8 degrees C here in Ontario tomorrow. That's good enough for a little boot around.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I have got a 266 mile ride planned for Sunday from Atlanta through the N Georgia mountains. Should be in the mid 70s. Will give me a chance to really get those new Commander 2 tires scrubed in.

I think maybe spring has finally sprung here in GA.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I feel bad posting I have only got to ride a half dozen times or more and 1K. + miles sense Jan:) :).
For punishment I will look at my bike as it is raining with more rain due Sat.:(

·
Registered
221 Posts
In the middle of last October I put some Stabil in my tank, drove to the local filling station and filled up the tank. Drove home, cleared a hole in my crowded garage and put the LT up on a jack, plugged in my Battery Buddy and put a cover over the bike. Most years I get a day or two of nice weather over the winter but this year Pennsylvania remained extra cold and snowy so The bike remained dormant until last Wednesday when I needed to move it out of the garage to look for a small roof leak. Figured I'd see if it was still alive so I turned the key, hit the starter, and it INSTANTLY STARTED. That's when I let out a WHOO-HOO. Our neighborhood roads are still covered with salt and cinders but I had to at least make a small loop though the neighborhood. I was not wild about riding on those loose cinders but I did at least get a small ride. The first in about 5 months.

·
BOTM Winner, February 2015
83 Posts
Still have loads of snow here. Just got another 30 cm's(around 2 feet) yesterday. Extra long winter here. Gonna be a while yet for me.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Still going to be quite a while here in SW Ma. Ground is still snow covered and the roads are all coming apart with potholes making bikes very dangerous to operate. The sand and salted roads would take the fun out of riding anyway and "destroy" the bike. I wanted to lift the cover and peek but it wasn't even warm enough in the garage for that. This sucks.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
70's in Iowa yesterday. Took the afternoon off work to get in a few hours of riding. I was spiritual. :) A bit windy but somehow I just didn't mind it this time. Just great to be out again after the bitter cold winter here.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Had our first warm day here Monday. Gout up into the 60s. Though this was hardly the fist day I've been out. Still piles of snow North of the city where I work and the rain hasn't fully cleared the sand and silt from the road. It's been 'fun' avoiding the ice and sand patches, but I've had enough of not riding any more.

·
Living The Dream
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My WooHooo has turned into a WTF! Shoveled over 6" of snow this morning. Was supposed to drive the Vulcan down to get serviced tomorrow. Now it's either getting trailered or rescheduled, haven't decided yet. We do need it for the crops, but other than that it just pisses me off.

·
Registered
357 Posts
My WooHooo has turned into a WTF! Shoveled over 6" of snow this morning. Was supposed to drive the Vulcan down to get serviced tomorrow. Now it's either getting trailered or rescheduled, haven't decided yet. We do need it for the crops, but other than that it just pisses me off.
Got 71 miles in on Saturday with temps in the upper 40s and now they are calling for snow today and tomorrow. Plus temps are only going to get the upper 30s for most of the week. Welcome to spring. lol

·
Living The Dream
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got 71 miles in on Saturday with temps in the upper 40s and now they are calling for snow today and tomorrow. Plus temps are only going to get the upper 30s for most of the week. Welcome to spring. lol
Yup looks like you going to get the crap the is rolling through my area right now. Good luck! We got well over 6" at my place.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts