Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2ea 2x6 about 3-4 Ft and 2ea small 2x4 then 2ea 2x1 on top then 4 guides.
Center to center must be 11 3/4" between guides for vn900 custom.
It takes a little work but well worth it. Faster than my $100 lift/jack.:)
Happy new year to all in this forum.

·
Registered
48 Posts
So simple yet I never thought of it. Was going to make a wood jack soon. I think I will use your improved version :) thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So simple yet I never thought of it. Was going to make a wood jack soon. I think I will use your improved version :) thanks for the pics.
I used "liquid nails' and long drywall screws. No engine part touching the jack and plenty of room to work under. And instead of going 90 degree for the pipe hole, I should have made the hole angle 45 degree to have complete control of the pipe while going up and down. Got it? Go for it.
Guess i'll put my Craftsman jack on CL now.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Picture with bike on this lift ?

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
Interesting, but I think I'll stick with my Craftsman lift. There's something about having that much weight sitting on something less than 4" wide that doesn't sit well with me.
Unless you are getting quite rough with pulling, a 4" base is quite stable. But it would be child's play to bore a hole through the center at the base so you could poke something like a 12" to 18" broom handle through it. It would be impossible to tilt that! Of course, when you already have a lift, why bother?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts