Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 Vulcan 750..This is my second year with it. Last year I put on a little over 5000 miles with NO trouble at all. Thia year I had trouble with the battery , got that taken care of, then when I headed out yesterday it wouldn't move in gear. I tried to move it in gear and as expected it jumped ahaed and stalled . So it wont move in gear with clutch in or out..It will just stall.
Any advice..I hate heading to the mechanic and speding tons!!

Thanks
Cyndy

·
Registered
11,754 Posts
The first thing you might look at is the kick stand interlock. There is a system on the bike that if the kick stand is down and you try to let the clutch out in gear, the engine will stall. What might be happening is the bike thinks that the stand is down when it really is not. Check the switch for being loose, out of adjustment, dirty, bad. Also check for loose, broken or dirty wire connection.

Post back with how you make out.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
I'm reading that with the engine idling and clutch pulled in when you toe it into first it lurches ahead and stalls. Is this correct?

If this is the case, warm the engine up, let it run enough to cycle the fan at least once.
Shut the engine off, put it in first gear and with the clutch pulled in rock the bike forward and reverse hard, my guess is the clutch is simply stuck from sitting. Almost all bikes today do this to some degree. Once you get it to break loose you can restart and ride. Expect it to do this pretty much any time you let it sit for a long period of time, so ride it every day

·
Registered
240 Posts
What bob said.my 96 does this if i don't ride it at least a few times a week. i can useually just restart it and go since the first jolt typically releases the disks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts