Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting one, but wanted to get some feedback first from those who have one.

What do you think, like, and dislike?

Thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just installed one on my 900 LT.Great guy to deal with. I received it 2 days after ordering. Fit and finish is perfect and went on easy with provided hardware.It would be helpful to have an extra pair of hands for the install. I got the solid rack and it suits my needs perfectly.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I had one and sold it (installed a trunk that came with a custom-made mount for the VN900). They are great, heavy duty racks. Not very pretty, but you simply will not find a stronger, or better built luggage rack for your 900. If you're wanting to mount a trunk, haul a good amount of luggage, or any other sort of 'heavy duty' application, there's no substitute.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I had one and sold it (installed a trunk that came with a custom-made mount for the VN900). They are great, heavy duty racks. Not very pretty, but you simply will not find a stronger, or better built luggage rack for your 900. If you're wanting to mount a trunk, haul a good amount of luggage, or any other sort of 'heavy duty' application, there's no substitute.
did you buy trunk used ?

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
did you buy trunk used ?
Yep. A Harley TourPak that someone had on a VN900. So they had already created a mount and everything, I just bolted it on.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Wampus

I put one on my bike but have not used it yet 'cause the bike broke in the middle of summer and I didn't have the $$$$ to fix it.
It seems very well made.
The location is too high up but that's kawasaki's fault,not Wampus.
I guess he also makes a heavier one to mount trunks on but I would never mount so much weight so high up.

JJ

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will be purchasing a wompus rack on pay day and I've already picked up a Harley Tour Pack to mount on it. The size is incredible and will hold all my gear and then some. My wife is also happy because once its installed I can no longer say I can't bring home groceries because I have the motorcycle.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
I just installed one on my 900 LT.Great guy to deal with. I received it 2 days after ordering. Fit and finish is perfect and went on easy with provided hardware.It would be helpful to have an extra pair of hands for the install. I got the solid rack and it suits my needs perfectly.
+2 Installed mine a few months ago. Great platform to mount a trunk. It's rock solid and couldn't have asked for better service.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For those who mounted a Harley Tour Pack, did you use the U-shaped hoop or did you mount the trunk directly to your new rack?

I just removed the Harley quick release rack and noticed the bottom of the Tour Pack has a grove in the bottom of it for the U-shaped hoop.

Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts