Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:crying2:
This weekend I'm taking the motorcycle training course which is allows me to get my M2 license (graduated) if I pass. The course runs rain or shine and this weekend is supposed to be absolutely soaking wet with 40-70mm rain expected before the weekend is out! :( Not looking forward to spending 16hrs learning to ride a bike in pouring (cold) rain.. I believe they say that it could mix with snow on Sunday too!
The upside I suppose is that if I make it through without dying from hypothermia then I should be able to deal with pretty much any weather encountered when I do get my bike! That's the only thing stopping me from cancelling the course and rescheduling. If I pass then I can get insurance coverage and then I can get my '16 Vulcan S SE delivered from the dealer as they can finally put the plates on it! :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Good luck! Yes, the weather here in Ontario will continue to suck for a few more days, but as you said- if you can get through this, you'll be a better rider for it! Make sure you layer up your clothing, and try to have fun anyway!
I had similar issues when I did mine, but I made it through! You'll be fine!
Cheers,

Archer

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,855 Posts
Well good luck. When I took mine here the temp was 102 degrees we had to wear a jacket. It wasn't fun spending all day on a black top parking lot.

·
Premium Member
1,189 Posts
You'll do fine, Zbeest :good:

Layer up...and enjoy the experience, my friend...

...Post us afterwards with the outcome

Here's a little ditty you can sing while you're out there...just to keep things jovial and the pressure to a minimum...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I passed! :) The weather held off for the most part with just some early rain. It was cold and windy though...
Overall, a good course and glad I took it. Now to get the insurance taken care of and get the bike home!

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,855 Posts
Congratulations! Now the fun begins.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Well, I passed! :) The weather held off for the most part with just some early rain. It was cold and windy though...
Overall, a good course and glad I took it. Now to get the insurance taken care of and get the bike home!
Wheww,,,I need a beer,,,,,:wink2:Good deal zbeest

·
Premium Member
1,189 Posts
(Buskman does The Hustle)

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
Hot Dog!!! It might not mean much to you, but I happen to know Gene Kelly woulda been proud of you. Congrats and get out on the road, dude!

Victor :nerd:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone! Now I have to decide whether to ride the bike home from the dealer or trailer it and slowly get used to it. I'm sure there's a big difference from the small 200cc bike I spent the weekend on to the Vulcan S! :) I'm leaning towards trailering it though I think.....

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
First off, G Man...knock it outta tha' park! You'll do us all proud!

zbeest -- I'm on the side of having her trailered home, then slowly getting used to her, bonding with her, becoming one with her. I know...you could hop on at the dealer and "ride it like ya' stole it" home. But I'm just a tad more cautious than that...at least until I can pretty much handled all functions without really thinking about 'em or looking for 'em. Muscle memory, dontcha know.

But that's just me. You do what you wanna do...and enjoy the living s***, uh, daylights outta the experience!

Victor :nerd:

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Congrats on passing the course. I'm sure the weather didn't make it fun. I'll second trailering the new bike home. Assuming you haven't put a bike on a trailer yourself, get the dealer to show you how it's done. Do you have the ratchet straps and soft straps? Stop and check the straps after you've trailered it 20 or 30 minutes. Be careful backing it off the trailer. If you're not use to doing it, the bike can get away from you when you're back it down the ramp. Be safe.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Forgot about this one :)
Well, I had the bike trailered home and slowly got used to riding it. Spent hours just going around the quiet country roads and small subdivision. Progressed to riding into a modest sized town (Uxbridge,On) but still continued to practice skills in the parking lot of the school.
I think I only put on about 1000km from May to end of August. Since then though I've ridden it to work several times, and if anyone is familiar with Markham, Ont then you know that you take your life into your own hands in any vehicle at the best of times :).
Much more comfortable on it now but still have a lot of learning to do....
Unfortunately, I think the number of riding days left this season are slowly coming to an end... :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts