Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hey guys, I'm from Ellsworth, WI about 40 min. SE of Minn./St. Paul. ksmnet, my wife & I used to come thru Iron River every weekend to snowmobile in U.P. Sold sleds, bought 09 1700 Nomad:)
Well, now ya gotta ride the Nomad through Iron River after the white stuff is gone.

·
Registered
239 Posts
You can count on that!
I'll try and keep an eye out for ya. Although, I spend most of my time in Madison, WI where I work. Only get home on weekends. But, when the weather is more predictable (without snow and ice) I'll be riding the bike back and forth. Probably won't be until April.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello all from Salem,WI
Motorcycle Rally sounds interesting.
Just a purchase a 08 1600 nomad.
Can't wait to ride it.
Still at the dealer.
Think I go get it this week.

Dave

·
Registered
239 Posts
Anyone else taking advantage of our 40* weather? Spent all day yesterday and today riding.
I was able to get out for about 30 minutes yesterday. Went for about an hour ride today - about 40 miles. Stopped at the local ski area to check it out. I'm going skiing on Tuesday. Darned if I didn't find a newer BMW with large sidecar, and an old Moto Guzzi Eldorado there. The guy with the Bimmer told me about his buddy down at the lower lot with the Guzzi. He had his skis strapped sideways behind the seat on the bike. The guy with the Bimmer brought a couple of kids in the sidecar, and put a couple of snowboards and a pair of skis in the trunk of the sidecar.

As I was leaving the place - about 1/2 mile away, I was kicking myself for not taking a pic. I turned around and went back, but they had already left. Oh well, next time I guess.

Here's a pic of my bike in the upper parking lot.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well, I got out yesterday for a 100 mi. trip. My good friend Jim just got a 09 900 Classic LT and just had to try it out. Still haven't got the ECU replaced but the 1700 Nomad ran great with the Tri Ovals on! Even got better fuel milage! Before Tri Ovals-34.2 avg. After Tri Ovals-38.4 avg. Spring has sprung!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
In case anyones interested theres a MC rally in La Crosse this summer. Geared toward import cruisers but everyone is welcomed. Its mid July. Let me know if anyone is interested and I can post some more info

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
The admin of the event are still making the web site, should be up in a few days. The rally is July 21 - 24. The main hotel for the group is the Settle Inn.

·
Registered
81 Posts
yeah post some info. i'll be over that way from the 6-10 or something like that already, and i'm looking to put on some decent miles again this year. so as long as i can get enough gas money, i'll try to make every ride i can.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Another Milwaukee area rider here! Just bought an '05 V2K last month and I'm loving it. If only we could get a few dry days here!

·
Registered
105 Posts
New to this forum. Live in Franklin. Currently riding a 2009 Vstar 950 tourer, but looking into a 1700 Nomad. Won't know for sure, going to test drive one tomorrow. If I like it, I'll probably be selling my 950 tourer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys I'm actually out of gurnee, IL but I do all my riding up in WI. The riding is so much better cuz theres actually open roads. Got a 96 1500 and I usually frequent The Bunker out in Rochester maybe ill see some of you guys next season

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
Looking into joining the VRA chapter 1-10 in LaCrosse, WI. Anyone here a member?

21 - 40 of 63 Posts