Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I ride a 900, so forgive as I don't know a darn thing about the 750. BUT,I met a fella at the local coffee joint who just bought one that had an intermittent starting problem that forced the PO to sell it. Turned out, the guy said the wiring harness which runs underneath the handlebars is often "too tight" and lead to stretching of the ignition wires. He said it's a common issue on the 750's that not many folks know about. So if you have a bike that stalls (or starts/won't start) for no apparent reason, it might be worthwhile checking the slack in your harness when you turn the steering column from right to left.
He also ended up replacing the stator, which he said, tooK him 7 hours. The shop quoted him 9 hours.
Regards, SH

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yer not one of those fall river Tim Hortons bikers are ya??????
lol....been there...done that.....
My tastes run a little more eclectic....
Cool ya know the area though!....You been?

Hmnnn, tool box lid gets hundreds of views.....wiring harness gets 29......don't know bout these 750 guys.....lol.
(just kiddin fellers...kinda)....

·
1,172 Posts
drove through it (tim's)twice...once on my my bike and once in the minivan....used to take my rc trucks to the bicycle park near there as well...we are over there every three months for appointments at the I.W.K. .....and make a weekend out of it by staying at my sister's place in Milford.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Milford.....wow, I live just up the road!
Tim's in Fall river every Thursday night is like a bike show.....sports bikes to cruisers and everything in between. We go down every once in awhile...took the grand-daughter down a couple of weeks ago to see all the bikes (she's 9 months)..lol,,..(might as well start her early)
I trust that the IWK is a serious situation, many prayers....the upside is that the I.W.K. is a world class facility...we are blessed with world renowned hospitals, and a well-deserved reputation. I suppose you are aware of this....the "Waverley road" that leads to Fall river is the most traveled (BIKER) road in Nova Scotia...it's 20 k of pristine lakes and twisties and dips....running alongside our many lakes the entire way. I hope you have some downtime to explore a little.
Best Regards, S.H.

If you "do" the Waverley road....heads up....it's beautiful beyond description...BUT, can be quite "unforgiving"...

·
1,172 Posts
lol well you may be one of the thousands of bikes i see pass by my sister's house on nice days....ill send ya a pm next time im over that way

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
lol well you may be one of the thousands of bikes i see pass by my sister's house on nice days....ill send ya a pm next time im over that way
ABSOLUTELY!
I'd be delighted to meet you.....does your wife come too?
Maybe we could go for a quick jaunt!
Wives.....or solo...your call!
Take care!

(sheesh....assuming....the adrogenous nature of the net....I'm assuming your male already....)...no offense intended either way....course if your female you could still have a wife...we know a couple, well...I digress....lol.....whatever way....drop me a line anytime.

BTW...I spent many summers on the Island....my dad was from Charlottetown...

And, I believe we successfully hijacked this thread....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts