Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on the 1600 forum but after lots of views no one has posted a response, I hope someone here can help.

I am just about to wire my 06 1600 classic for my trailer. I am using a a 5 to 4 converter but I have no idea where the best place to tap into the signal and brake lights is. I have searched the forum and Gagets page but I could not find any info that would be helpful. Can anyone help before I go by trial and error.

Thanks.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I posted this on the 1600 forum but after lots of views no one has posted a response, I hope someone here can help.

I am just about to wire my 06 1600 classic for my trailer. I am using a a 5 to 4 converter but I have no idea where the best place to tap into the signal and brake lights is. I have searched the forum and Gagets page but I could not find any info that would be helpful. Can anyone help before I go by trial and error.

Thanks.
I wish I could help you, mines an 93 500. But I've wired a lot of lights, most bikes carry most of the wiring under the seat, with a test light you should be able to track down the wires responsible for all your functions. If you want to keep a nice clean look most auto part stores sell the split plastic tubing that you can use to gang up and hide the bundle of wires and zip tie them to a convient place.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
On my Voyager I tapped in under the seat where the wires go to the back end. I put my plug/converter on top of my my hitch (glued it with RTV).

DSCN0989.jpg

·
Registered
51 Posts
Remove the seat.
You will see wiring going through the rear fender, these are the wire leading to the rear tail light and blinkers. You will make your connections here under the seat. Using a 12v test light , probe the wires to determain which is left and right turn signals and running lights and brake light. Connect your converter to each appropiate wire and the ground. Simple as that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts