Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new F&S K32001-009 light bar for my 2005 VN2000 and it came with no instructions. Got the bar all mounted up and signals wired back in but. How are the spots wired in. Came with all the wire and a switch. Anyone know how or where to wire the spots in? Thanks

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
light up your life

Just got a new F&S K32001-009 light bar for my 2005 VN2000 and it came with no instructions. Got the bar all mounted up and signals wired back in but. How are the spots wired in. Came with all the wire and a switch. Anyone know how or where to wire the spots in? Thanks
vulcaneater, that there kit most likely has some intended connections to plug into the bikes wiring harness... DON'T DO IT. sorry for being loud. I've written elsewhere proper hookup for accessories. look under 900, Electrical Question thread. look there. If it doesn't have a power relay, get one (autozone) and wire this/all acc with seperate power wire and not the bikes harness. it will save you tons of truble n money down the road. PM if you need more details. out, ponch

·
Registered
24 Posts
light bar hook-up

Hey guys, have been looking for forum thread on lightbars....

want to put one on my 06 2000 Classic Lt and it appears that I have the choice of the Cobra bar (about $240 CAD) or the Kawa bar ($400 +).

any guidance as to the compatibility of the Cobra, as well as the ease of installation of one vs the other? Both look good, just wondered if the OEM part is a snap to install vs the Cobra.

any thoughts are welcome!

·
Registered
240 Posts

want to put one on my 06 2000 Classic Lt and it appears that I have the choice of the Cobra bar (about $240 CAD) or the Kawa bar ($400 +).

any guidance as to the compatibility of the Cobra, as well as the ease of installation of one vs the other? Both look good, just wondered if the OEM part is a snap to install vs the Cobra.

I installed the Cobra LB on my '06, V2K LT last year. The install was fairly easy. I wired mine thru a relay and trigger it by the "low beam" headlight wire. I wired the power feed for the lamps thru a 15 amp fuse to the battery . If you go with the Cobra LB, you'll have to run the wiring thru auto loom or drill holes in the mounting bar to keep the wires internal. The turn signals on the Cobra bar can't be turned down; they must be mounted on the end of the bar (at least on the LT models). Overall I'm very pleased with the fit, look and quality of the Cobra LB.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I installed the Cobra LB on my '06, V2K LT last year. The install was fairly easy. I wired mine thru a relay and trigger it by the "low beam" headlight wire. I wired the power feed for the lamps thru a 15 amp fuse to the battery . If you go with the Cobra LB, you'll have to run the wiring thru auto loom or drill holes in the mounting bar to keep the wires internal. The turn signals on the Cobra bar can't be turned down; they must be mounted on the end of the bar (at least on the LT models). Overall I'm very pleased with the fit, look and quality of the Cobra LB.
Same bar here. I like the Cobra. Bought it from a guy on Delphi.
Easy install. I like the turn signals out wider than before. Like the look.

The only thing is I burnt out a bulb real quick. Got replacements yesterday.
Will install tonight. Hopefully they'll last longer than 2 rides. :D

Yeah I know, no touchy the H3's. :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts

Look on Ebay. Im Canadian too, and just bought a F&S billet lightbar for my V2K brand new for 225 US. Itll be 310 to my door. If I bought Canadian, id have paid 550-600. Also for other accessories check out GM Cycles, theyre really good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts