Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
75 degrees here with clear skies. Already warming her up for a ride.

Reactions: CarGuy

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
AS the song goes Good 4 U!
Here 2-3 inches of fluffy, blowing very hard, and low tonight of -5°F !

·
Registered
2020 VN900D Classic LT
275 Posts
Right now.. 12 degrees below zero F (-24 C) with a 20 MPH (32 Km/h ) wind giving us a wind chill of -34 F (-37C). --- At least three more months 'till I can hit the road...

·
Registered
179 Posts
75 degrees... I remember those days, winter is here in Ohio. It was 43 at 4:30 when I left to ride to a buddy's house about an hour away. It was already getting into the 30's when I got there. It started snowing when I left at 7:30. My weather app said it was 30 when I got home and with the wind chill it said 20. It was a chilly ride home. Only snowed for first half hour. Still better than a cage!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Probably sounds dumb but I have always wanted to ride when snowing. It wasn't snowing bad, it was just blowing around.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
On two wheels and it only "snowed for the first half hour", and WTF??
Funny thing about water.
It freezes at 32°F.
AND its slippery!
And snow is frozen water.
Soooo - nope not even going to think about riding when its that cold.
But hey do you want to come up here and ride in negative temps??
That would something new!

·
Registered
179 Posts
St.Paul... think I would need a skidoo.
Good cross-country skiing though!

You ever see the video of the guy riding in snow with outrigger skis?I think he was in Minn.

·
Registered
184 Posts
come on now-RIDIN IN THA SNOW AINT THAT BAD or Diificult:):laughingatsomeone::biker:
If I can say I learned 1 thing back in the 80's- in Northern Va,(Arlington) on a Honda 450 nighthawk-yes I was ignorant enough to ride in the snow/all I did was let a lil air out of my tires and rode in the snow:)-it's not as hard as it looks(That what she said!-lol :) )-just ride a bit Slower:)
:biker: :biker::yessmile:(y):sneaky::geek:

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S, 2020 Kawasaki Z900
1,508 Posts
First snow of the year is beginning for me right now, lucked out the past few weeks as they narrowly missed my area but luck only goes so far

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I rode in the snow once. It was my first bike, a Honda Twinstar. November. It was 60 and sunny on my way to work. 2 inches of slushy snow on the road for the ride home. The snow was coming down like waffles and I could barely see where I was going. No plows out, so the the only way to see the road was to follow the tracks of cars ahead of me and hope they stayed on the pavement. Once was enough.

·
Registered
2020 VN900D Classic LT
275 Posts
There was snow on the ground when I took my motorcycle road test.

It was early spring. Temps had been in the 40's for a while and the roads were all clear. My test was scheduled for the morning. I woke up that day to find that it had snowed overnight.

Fortunately the latent heat in the roads melted most of it so the roads were just wet. But the grass on the boulevards etc still had snow cover. So I had a 'white road test'...

·
Registered
184 Posts
There was snow on the ground when I took my motorcycle road test.

It was early spring. Temps had been in the 40's for a while and the roads were all clear. My test was scheduled for the morning. I woke up that day to find that it had snowed overnight.

Fortunately the latent heat in the roads melted most of it so the roads were just wet. But the grass on the boulevards etc still had snow cover. So I had a 'white road test'...
hope you passed:):biker:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I'm a rider but not if it gets below 50°F.
Its just to damn cold. And snow??
As the bottom of the blog states - "Or maybe I’m just another stupid dumb f**k idiot "

1 - 20 of 22 Posts