Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering whether you folks bother to put your bike up on stands, or whatever, to get it off the tires during the winter. If so, what do you use - wood blocks, bricks, milk crates, ammo cans, an ex-spouse...:)

I can see the necessity if it was being stored for years, but for a couple of months - well I'd appreciate some input. BTW, it's sitting in a heated garage.

Rick

·
Registered
136 Posts
I dont use a stand but I do go out once a month and roll the bike back and forth a few times to avoid flat spots.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I like to roll it back some. I think the manual states that if you can't put it on a lift then to periodically roll it twice a month so the tires are not resting in the same spot.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, guys...if I don't build a stand/lift, I'll at least roll it around once in a while.

Rick

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
If I don't have a break in the weather enough to ride it; then I do roll it around in the garage. Turning it a little bit then returning so I can be sure it's not returning to the same spot.

Ideally; I rotate the tires for a few hundred thousand revolutions when we get the occasionally break of 40-50 degree weather :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts