Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bars/Cables/ Front & Rear leds/Front Light Bar/GPS Mount

Bleeding the brakes the old school way was not hard.
Took sometime but got it done with the help of my daughter.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Looks NICE man! Well done!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Very Retro looking! I like :cool::cool:

·
Registered
42 Posts
AHHA.. I like :) nice job Paul... what kind of mount did you use for the GPS??
ya know it's a long winter.... maybe you shoulda took your time....you know... stretch it out....:D

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
its gonna be a long cold hard winter

AHHA.. I like :) ya know it's a long winter.... maybe you shoulda took your time....you know... stretch it out....:D
my setiments perzactly. looks like he's gonna hafta spend a lot of money on shiney blingy stuff or pine away for the spring thaw.

being an old michigan man, to avoid such stress, we would just pull our motors. tear them down and rebuild em, not that they needed it, just we was bored. just so we didnt have the itch to go riding on the ice... but then we had dirt bikes w/studded tires for that. was before snomachines got good. out, ponch

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Guys..... I took abit from everyone I liked and when the funds were available
( Wife held back the yelling ) I did what I could.
Only thing realy now that I'm contemplating is lowering it with that 2" thing-a-ma-jig offered.
Not sure.. I haven't read up on it yet.

As for cabin fever... Sh#@$! I have so many home make-over projects.
I don't know where to begin. I'll be busy....

kettlinton - Great looking ride man!!! What kind of bag is that on the forks??
JP Cycles Harley book. It was the only true round one that I could find that was no mor than 4 1/2" in diameter.

six pack - what kind of mount did you use for the GPS??
I put on a Garmin Nuvi 255W with a 1" ball stem.
The bracket is the auto one that I had to dremmel out a bit to get the ball in the bracket.
I had the same set-up on my previous bike for years with no issues.
Even handled some light rain and direct sunlight for hours at a time ( sometime close to 12 hours )

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey Paul,
Great looking ride mate. Happy New Year to you.

Can you tell me where you got your front and rear indicators from, they look the best Ive seen, wonder if I can get them here in the UK.

Cheers
Martyn

·
Registered
616 Posts
winter

Nice mods, clean look. Question? Rather unusual mirror mount , do you experience mirror vibes??

·
Registered
864 Posts
Thats one bitchin bike Paul... If you ever feel the need to do more you can always polish your forks and triple tree, and brakes and calipers, personally i think it makes for a really custom look. I have also removed all the reachable bolts and nuts on my V2K and polished them as well as replaced some of them with stainless steel , bought the cheaper unfinished stainless and polished them before installing. Yes sir i used lots of lock-tite and a tork wrench.. Bulldozer, shinin my bling

http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3789&stc=1&d=1293902474

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
martync - Can you tell me where you got your front and rear indicators from
Thier Kuryakyn Duel Circuit led's

rkd2.3 - Rather unusual mirror mount , do you experience mirror vibes??
Not riden yet. Will have to wait till the spring. But I can say they are good.
Saw them on another bike last year and the adjustability of them are great.

bulldozer -If you ever feel the need to do more you can always polish your forks
Actually that is on my Spring project thing to do list.*

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Really a sweet looking bike, Paul. Wish it were mine. :p

bulldozer, with what do you polish those items?

thanks
When I did my Yamaha I just removed the fender calipers and wheel and first put some extra strength paint stripper
on the lover legs and scraped the goo off.
I then started with 220 grit sandpaper and worked my way up to wet sanding it with 600.
It was time consuming but they came it very well.
At the the end I put some Mothers aluminum polish to it and then every few months
had to repolish them to keep the shine.
Poor mans version I guess. But they looked great

·
Registered
563 Posts
Nice looking bike, is that really all the snow you have there in Brampton? That tiny little bit I see in the background? We have people stuck down 1/2 way between Minneapolis and Manitoba for days with closed highways due to snow storms!!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
is that really all the snow you have there in Brampton? That tiny little bit I see in the background?
The pic is from a few years ago in the spring.
It was just to show how the aluminum came out with just sanding and a little compound by hand looks.

As for snow here. LOL... We have nothing....I mean nothing.
Its been like that for the last few years. ?:l
The American northern states get way more snow than us here in central Ontario.
I guess it has to do with the lake effect snow patterns from lake Erie and lake Michigan.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Wow I only wish!! I have been blowing snow every couple of days for the past week. So you can actually ride right now (except I guess its a bit cold)

·
Registered
864 Posts
Paul when you get done you will have a World Class V2K , as good as it gets....

To add to what you said about polishing which by the way is exactly how its done on the forks and TTree . The brake calipers i did with a Dremel and about 2000 of those little buffing pads. Now its about 1 hour a week to keep it shiny.... Bulldozer

1 - 20 of 24 Posts