Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after getting my 900 Classic LT a few months back, I have a hankering to set it up as a tour bike because of the distance I commute to work. I guess the look I am wanting is like the HD Electraglide. Hard bags, trunk, seats, faring with stereo and speakers, etc. Anyone have pics or suggestions? I am pretty decent at attaching new stuff with existing mounting holes, but not much experience with fabricating or wiring. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
You mean like this?

I have the Memphis Shades batwing and Tsukayu Strong bags. The MS batwing is just a big wide windshield. There's no liner that you can just buy for it. You can easily get a Shark or similar stereo and put the speakers on your handlebars or get the Hogtunes MSA-1 which uses the windshield bolts to hold the system onto the fairing. Tsukayu makes some fairings that are stereo/GPS ready but they cost a little more.

The Tsukayu bags look good and hold a lot of stuff but they aren't perfect. There are some of us here and I've ready from people on other forums who have had bolts attaching the brackets to the fenders shear while riding. There are some ways to reduce the chances of this happening like getting higher grade steel bolts or removing the chrome fender trim and using shorter bolts. I switched to grade 10.9 bolts a while back and haven't had any problem since then, but I also haven't loaded them down and taken any long trips either.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very similar to that. Would also like the trunk on the back and a good passenger backrest for the Mrs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts