Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We down here in the south would like to help out you northern boys. We probably won't need it.:grin2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
DUDE! That's cold, just plain COLD! And mean. And Nasty.

SIGH!

Mike
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

·
Registered
377 Posts
DUDE! That's cold, just plain COLD! And mean. And Nasty.

SIGH!

Mike
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Hi Mike, don't get all upset, it's just a kid's toy 😀 !
Plenty of them in Boston for the kindergarteners to play with at recess pushing the snow around in the playground.

Ah, Winter...you gotta love it...if you have a three bay heated garage and three or four bikes to play with. As for me, Fang and I are heading to FL and leaving the white stuff for the grandkids to play in.

WEG

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
We down here in the south would like to help out you northern boys. We probably won't need it.:grin2:
gf,, wazz up with them wheel chains? on the rear? everbody knos that yugo is front wheel drive..

Attachments

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
July 1st, "It's too hot to ride. Anyone know how to cool down? I can't ride during the afternoon."

November 1st. "Haha suckers, we can ride all year round!"

Every. Time.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Romans - you said that right!

And by the way, that "snow plow" MIGHT work in the south,
here we'd trash it. We need REAL steel to remove snow here!

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I am thankful to live 'somewhere in the middle'. It's not blisteringly hot in the summer, though it does occasionally hit triple digits. But we don't get tons of snow (sometimes none at all) and it's not unbearable cold in the winter. In fact, most winter long I can get short afternoon rides in before the sun goes down. With high temps in the 40's and 50's. Though some winters I don't ride much at all due to salt, cinders and sand all over the road. If we get a big snowstorm, my season is basically over until the next big rain to wash the roads off.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Some of us DO ride year round.

HA HA SUCKERS!!!!:snicker:

Although I will admit that I do most of my August riding before 10:00a.m.:sun::sweat::serious:

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Some of us DO ride year round.

HA HA SUCKERS!!!!:snicker:

Although I will admit that I do most of my August riding before 10:00a.m.:sun::sweat::serious:
Haha I don't blame you. Back in '12 wife and I happened to take a trip during record-breaking heat, including the hottest day on record for Missouri, and we were heading south. The mercury went as high as 110 in some places we were. Yikes! Keeping skin covered, keeping hydrated, and keeping the speed up. I will readily admit, it wasn't comfortable or all that enjoyable at those temps. It's just miserable.

We DID find that chamois cloths bought for a couple of bucks at a Wal-Mart soaked in water ("recharged" at gas stations) and worn around the neck under the mesh riding jackets was a brilliant solution!

Admittedly, I'd take the blistering heat over the frigid cold any day. One of the most miserable times on two wheels for me, ever, was a day the temp dropped far quicker than expected and I was out late. 11 at night and it fell down into the teens (which isn't common for this part of MO, but also not unusual), and I have no heated gear. Every layer I could plus stopping at a store halfway home to add a couple of extra shirts. No matter the layers the cold just creeps in. It's miserable and painful. When I got home my hands and feet were blue and throbbing and had stinging/burning sensations. Took a long hot shower. If I had heated gear, that'd probably be survivable. But that wasn't just uncomfortable it HURT.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I love it here in Placerville, CA.

Elevation is 2,000 feet so very little snow at all.

In the summer I ride just East of me in the High Sierras to get away from the heat.

In the winter I ride North, South and West of me to stay away from any snow or icy roads, all with warmer temps.

I could not imagine what it is like to have to put away your bike for several months each year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts