Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was riding home on Christmas evening and by the time I got home it was 34 degrees F. I stayed pretty warm with my jacket and chaps but my fingers....were numb. I have decent gloves but I'd like to get some handlebar muffs. Not the electric kind but just a pair that fit over the grips and levers. What do you guys suggest? :confused::confused::confused:

I love this place for things just like this.

·
Registered
616 Posts
fingers

I know what you mean, Hot grips dont help the windward side of your hand. Ive seen small clear wind deflectors similar to protectors that motorcross guys have on their bikes. they attach under the mirror stem . If I could just remember where Ive seen them??
But another solution , EXPENSIVE solution is to consider a batwing fairing , it offers extra wind protection for your hands. looks cool too< IMHO
Gerbings makes some really good electric gloves too, the heating wires run across the back of your hand & individual fiungers . They are somewhat bulky , but warm
I knoiw the muffs you mean, similar to snowmobile muffs.
Look like crap , but I suspect they are warm
I had a Memphis Shades batwing on the bike I wrecked & I liked the hand protection. its not an easy mount on a Classic,without the LT hardware, .but it can be done.
Never really felt I needed my Gerbings after the Batwing

BTW, hows the IO550 300hp Lyco working out? Fuel rate is??? Performance???

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey guys, I bought a pair of atv muffs last year & have used them on my last three bikes. I had to cut them a little to fit around my mirrors & then reinforced the openning w/ hanger wire so they freely allowed my hands in & out. They block 90 per cent of the air & my ski gloves the the rest. I've ridden in 26 degree temps. Best part is they only cost me $20. MC Rider out.

·
Registered
92 Posts
V2K Pastor,
Another option to consider are thinsulate glove liners. I bought two pair at Academy Sports a couple of weeks ago. If I remember, they were about $10 per pair. They make a difference with the budget gloves I have for cold weather rideing this time of year.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK I got really serious about the winter gear today. The high today was 18 F. and last night it was -5 F. of course this is normal for NM in Jan. so no biggy. Just wanted to report to my northern friends that's it not always golfing weather here. So I opted for some handlebar "muffs" from Ebay. Still won't be riding til it gets back in the 50's tho.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts