Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bad enough the 900 is sleeping for the winter but I haven't ridden my snowmobile even once yet this winter because there is no snow. What a wacky winter. Last year we had record amounts of snow and I put more miles on my sled than the previous two years combined. In the spring we had flooding that surpassed all historical records and the water didn't get back to the river until July. The summer was hot and dry and riding was the best in years. This winter we've gotten a pittance of snow. Not enough to sled PLUS we've set records for warm weather so any snow we get just melts. Most around here are loving the record warm temps but geez we can't sled, ski, tobaggan or skate outdoors. Oh well, I'm off to the video store to rent yet another video.
(southwest Manitoba Canada)

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Bad enough the 900 is sleeping for the winter but I haven't ridden my snowmobile even once yet this winter because there is no snow. What a wacky winter. Last year we had record amounts of snow and I put more miles on my sled than the previous two years combined. In the spring we had flooding that surpassed all historical records and the water didn't get back to the river until July. The summer was hot and dry and riding was the best in years. This winter we've gotten a pittance of snow. Not enough to sled PLUS we've set records for warm weather so any snow we get just melts. Most around here are loving the record warm temps but geez we can't sled, ski, tobaggan or skate outdoors. Oh well, I'm off to the video store to rent yet another video.
(southwest Manitoba Canada)
Same winter here in Minnesota and it is ruining winter events in the area.

·
Registered
117 Posts
One of my kids' favorite things to do is go sledding on the hill across the street. Sadly no snow here either! Several times it has been warm enough to go riding, but the bike is in pieces getting painted. So no luck there! Dang weird winter.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Pretty much the same rundown here in ID. The weeks following Christmas we had several days of highs in the 50s. It's snowed really well only 3 times all winter, but you'd never know because it rained heavily in the days after. Its probably them damn solar flares.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
We've had plenty of decent riding days here in Western NY. In fact I ran into a couple of friends on bikes New Years day! The only snow is the man made stuff and it's been too warm for much of that. Too bad I put my Custom away with a bad rear tire. I can't even pull her out for a ride.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I hear your pain,Ive been snowblowing,going to bike shows,reading my motorbike mags and praying for a good prediction this coming groundhogsday!planning a trip in april to the carribean when we come back its time to bring out the bike!You can have some of this ontario snow!

·
Registered
851 Posts
It's been a crazy winter here in Illinois, been a easy going winter but not easy enough to ride. So I figure if I can't ride her than I'll dress her up with more chrome and get her ready for spring. Just hope it's a early spring!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts