Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello- I recently installed a 2-up Switchblade windshield and lowers on my VN 2000. Aside from the fact that I believe this bike was designed to have a windshield installed (as the cyclops headlight becomes insignificant), I have to say this combination works extremely well on the highway...
With just the 2-up (without lowers), there is still a significant high-pressure area over the front and top of the gas tank, This ends with the installation of the lowers and makes for a really enjoyable, turbulance-free ride.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hello- I recently installed a 2-up Switchblade windshield and lowers on my VN 2000. Aside from the fact that I believe this bike was designed to have a windshield installed (as the cyclops headlight becomes insignificant), I have to say this combination works extremely well on the highway...
With just the 2-up (without lowers), there is still a significant high-pressure area over the front and top of the gas tank, This ends with the installation of the lowers and makes for a really enjoyable, turbulance-free ride.
Do you ride 2-up, how is the turbulence for the passenger, my wife is as tall as me and complains about everything we have had so far. Been just riding without a shield but issue is then i dont like long trips over 70MPH cause my neck starts killing me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Do you ride 2-up, how is the turbulence for the passenger, my wife is as tall as me and complains about everything we have had so far. Been just riding without a shield but issue is then i dont like long trips over 70MPH cause my neck starts killing me.
I am 6-1" and my wife rides with me from time to time; she is 5'-9". The rear seat I have for her is thicker than the o.e.m. seat which puts her quite high and she looks over the top of my helmet. The wind hits the top of her helmet and is not an issue for her.

I just finished a 6 hour ride (average speed 120 km/hr. or 75 m.p.h.) with a considerable side-wind with no issues.

PS I had to change the crashbars I had on my bike to ones the windshield manufacturer has, that work with their lowers. Otherwise, the bottom of the lowers would touch the top of the old crashbars (and that isn't a good thing). :)

The windshield I have also has a quick disconnect but I never ride without it installed anyway. The easy removal is handy for cleaning though.

I hope you find a setup that works well for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts