Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about putting a windshield on the beast fro easier cruising on the highway. I was leaning towards the National Cycle Swithblade, so I could take it on and off.

Anyone have any suggestions? I like the looks of the Memphis shades as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
SwitchBlade

I installed the Switch Blade 2Up on mine. I love it. It puts the wind just above my head. Is very easy to take on and off if you want. I have an original OEM kawasaki for sale that I took off right after I bought the bike new. It was a shorter shield and caused to much turbulence at eye level.(for me)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

I was trying to decide between the two up and the chopped. You give me something to think about.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well it might be too late… I have the 2-up and the Shorty for my VN2000 and like them both as well as no windshield. I found the 2-up protects you a lot but if it is hot you are going to feel it much more with the 2up. I did a SaddleSore 1000 this year with the shorty on and did just fine, took enough of the wind off of my chest but allowed my helmet and jacket to vent.

My next purchase is the chopped, riding single I would have gone with the chopped but at the time I had to pick one and because my wife rides with me sometimes I went with the 2-up. I don’t think I would have gotten the shorty except I got a great deal on it and couldn’t pass it up and love it I’m glad I got it. I ride about 12,000 miles a year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts