Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering how many V2K riders have tilted there windshield back ? I did mine and the difference is amazing... The air flow is so much smoother and i believe the profile of the bike looks better..I can provide pics if anyone wants to see how i did it...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Me too. I got a set of lowers to help get rid of the under the windshield buffeting, but it seems to hold the engine heat near my legs more. Gets kind of hot here in S. Fla.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wind shield tilt pics

I used the caps from the factory riser as a spacer..Not sure how well these pics will turn out but i loosened all the windshield bolts and pulled the lower chrome bar forward installed a bolt thru it and the old riser cap, same on both sides tightened it all up and it works perfect.. any chrome bar an inch or or so long will probably work, the riser caps just happened to be the perfect length . The tilt on my shield is exactly where i want it.. And i think it looks good and i think the beast looks better with the tilt in the shield... Only my opinion no offense to anyone....B

Attachments

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One more thing > i used locktite on all the bolts and nuts, dont want anyone to do this and have their shield come off doing a 120 miles per hour and be pissed at me.... If any one needs more pics email me i will send more

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have the Kawi add-on windshield/lowers on my Limited (basically a regular bugeye with more chrome). It follows the line of the forks, so leans quite a bit, and I think it looks really good with that angle. It's more sporty looking that the big CHiPs windshields that we all seem to go with. It is, however, short, so you're still in danger of eating bugs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts