Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I have a 2009 900 vulcan. When I purchased it I wanted a windshield but didn't want the gigantic one that they offered. The dealer advised me that kawasaki did not make another windshield for the bike. They also told me good luck finding an aftermarket one that will fit the bike. I would like to find a detachable one if possible. Any suggestions on where to search. I tried e-bay and had no luck. Thanks.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Memphis Shades. Check online, there are plenty of good dealers that will get you what you want. The dealer wants you to get everything from them, their mark up make them rich. Check the prices online, no just JP Cycles, and ride by the dealer to show them what you got.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I recommend the Rifle Solo Shield.

www.rifle.com

a little salty at around $300 but worth it, nice chromed hardware, very easy to install, a million different adjustment positions to get it right where you want it (literally) and a pretty easy removeable option (two allen heads and its off, without having to reposition later)

Plus its not huge. I also wanted something smaller, but effective enough to keep me from having to have a death grip on the bike at higher highway speeds. This does the trick admirably.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The bottom line is there are plenty of manufacturers, styles and sizes to choose from. It's a matter of looks and how much you want to spend in choosing one. I wouldn't trust your dealer to much, I agree he's just looking out for $$$.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yea, the fact that he said, "Good luck finding an aftermarket one that will fit" is funny to me. There are a million accessories out there available for our bikes, and windshields are no exception. Find another dealer ... but don't order your windshield from them. They are FAR cheaper online.

·
Registered
263 Posts
If you have a custom check out the "cafe" shield from kawi.
Watch your height. A trusted dealer friend said that those put the wind right on your nose.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Windvest

I really like my 'Windvest", kind of pricey but worth it, 20,00 miles and not one scratch. Its a small shield that just clears the wind from you face and deflects bugs.
Richard - I have a similar bike. I'm very interested in your experience with the Windvest - would you go that way again?

I talked to a rep at Windvest and he recommended the 14" for the VN900. Which size do you have?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts