Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need recommendations for 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic. Looking for all/any shield that will NOT cause buffeting. Would like to see over the shield. All/any rider comments are welcome.
Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
305 Posts
I had a 2005 900 classic that I ordered a Memphis shades big shot for. Loved it. I got a little buffeting from it until I adjusted the angle a couple degrees and then almost dead smooth.
I have a 14 900 classic LT now and would have ordered the same shield except since the LT has the factory brackets, I instead saved money and only got the replacement plastic from Clearview. It’s very nicely made but I get more buffeting from it than I did the Memphis with the adjustable trigger lock. I’ve heard people like the Memphis fats model as well if you want something that big and wide, but I loved the big shot. Looks good on the bike but still quite a bit of protection. Their trigger lock system is the shit…take it off in 5 minutes. It’s about 250.00 for your bike.

·
Super Moderator
5,822 Posts
On my 900 Classic went with a Memphis Shades 19” Fats. I am 5’9” and like to look just over the shield. To determine which shield, I made two cardboard cutouts of different height and width. One in the Fats at 19” and one in the Slim in 17”. Put a 1” wad at the bottom to hold the cardboard off the headlight as it would be positioned with the mounts. Sat on the bike and had the Mrs hold them up at the angle of the front forks. The 19” Fats was the best fit. Also added some lowers to help with the helmet buffeting. Also like the quick detach brackets for the real hot days.
Bought the clear because I have read that the gradient tinted shields tend to fade from the sun.

·
Registered
2009 VN900 Classic
280 Posts
On my 900 Classic went with a Memphis Shades 19” Fats. I am 5’9” and like to look just over the shield. To determine which shield, I made two cardboard cutouts of different height and width. One in the Fats at 19” and one in the Slim in 17”. Put a 1” wad at the bottom to hold the cardboard off the headlight as it would be positioned with the mounts. Sat on the bike and had the Mrs hold them up at the angle of the front forks. The 19” Fats was the best fit. Also added some lowers to help with the helmet buffeting. Also like the quick detach brackets for the real hot days.
Bought the clear because I have read that the gradient tinted shields tend to fade from the sun.
Now that I own it, I'm glad you did your due diligence :giggle:

Reactions: Tourer
1 - 4 of 4 Posts